Tjin Edition Ford Ranger [SEMA 2019 Build]

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Ford press release:

Tjin Edition Ford Ranger

Father and son designers Neil and Collin Tjin are at it again. Their 2019 Ford Ranger Tjin Edition features a wide low street-ready stance.

Following up their purple RTR Ford Mustang from the 2018 show, the Tjins were looking to create their unique take on Ranger, going the opposite direction of a lifted Ranger, which is one of the most common modifications made to Ford’s midsize pickup truck. Tjin Edition is among the first new-generation Ford Rangers slammed to the ground via an air suspension, lowered 8 inches in the front and 9 inches in the rear. Tjin worked with JR’s Wheels and Tires to provide a sinister look, fitting Falken tires on custom 20-inch Rotiform LHR-M three-piece wheels. The 2.3-liter EcoBoost is upgraded with a Roush Performance intake, a Ford Performance cat-back exhaust and differential cover, Optima yellow-top battery and RPG front-mounted intercooler. Stopping power comes from Baer six-piston calipers and 14-inch rotors in the front and rear.

Styling changes include a set of RTR fender flares, an RTR grille with triangle LED lights, custom BASF yellow applied by L&R Auto Body, a one-off wood bed floor in black with stainless steel hardware, retractable bed cover from Retrax, PowerTank CO2 system, Rigid fog lights and Lumens bed lights. The cockpit features four Recaro Sportster CS seats that recline, plus Schroth harnesses.

Tjin_2019Ranger_RevisedWheels.jpg

LIVE PICS FROM SEMA 2019

Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-12.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-1.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-2.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-3.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-4.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-5.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-6.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-7.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-8.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-9.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-10.jpg
Tjin-Edition-Ford-Ranger-XLT-Sport-Supercrew-SEMA-Build-11.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I like that! Nice to see something different. I hope that grille is available to buy... I like it better than the other RTR one with the lights in the middle.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I love seeing a lowered truck full or midsize.
I lowered my 1994 XLT in 2005, with a healthy dose of breaker bar and blow torch to free bolts

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I like that! Nice to see something different. I hope that grille is available to buy... I like it better than the other RTR one with the lights in the middle.
I like it too....Looks like the SCCA Racetrucks I built at Livernois Engineering for the Saleen Team as well as my development test mule.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
GeoFollmertruck_1.jpg

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
When I started shopping for a new vehicle this past summer, I almost bought this SEMA SportTrac. Some Ford dealer in Chicago was selling it. It had less than 2k miles and I think he wanted ~$20K for it. The only problem was that it's customization entailed cutting the rear bumper from the chassis. I would have had to do some serious welding to make it pass PA state inspection.

http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/0807tr-ford-explorer-sport-trac-project-truck

coppertone.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
When I started shopping for a new vehicle this past summer, I almost bought this SEMA SportTrac. Some Ford dealer in Chicago was selling it. It had less than 2k miles and I think he wanted ~$20K for it. The only problem was that it's customization entailed cutting the rear bumper from the chassis. I would have had to do some serious welding to make it pass PA state inspection.

http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/0807tr-ford-explorer-sport-trac-project-truck

coppertone.jpg
That’s a good looking Sport Trac. I always wanted one but the timing never worked out.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Added to the first post our live pics of the Tjin Edition Ranger build from SEMA :like:

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
nice truck, would build/buy if I had the money.