Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
just needed a different spring with the fox to be good with your bumper setup

now with the 6112s i ran those for years on my tacoma if you are running the oem spring rate of like 500? then ya you will need to bump it up to a set of eibach springs i had to swap to 700s on my bilstien setup when i ran it
I realized that about the Foxes -after- I destroyed them.
My plan with the 6112s is to change either the whole top hat or the spring isolators only to accommodate springs that are flat ground top & bottom. That way I'll have choices like the Bilstein Tacoma HD setup.
Sponsored

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I realized that about the Foxes -after- I destroyed them.
My plan with the 6112s is to change either the whole top hat or the spring isolators only to accommodate springs that are flat ground top & bottom. That way I'll have choices like the Bilstein Tacoma HD setup.
ya thats always the bummer about doing that lol

i ran eibach 700s in my 6112s with a new set of oem top hats never had any issues for years until i blew them out jumping it lol that poor tacoma haha

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Currently on my 19 FX4 I have a BDS level kit that is performing well off road but I want to get some better performance out of it. I do not plan on changing wheels or tire size, I am running on Steel bronco 17in wheels on 265/70R17s and the Grabbers have proven well in the mud and sand.

I am pretty much set on the Eibach 2.0 Stage 1 coilover package based on reviews and price I think this what I am going to go with.

I have about $2000 to play with as I promised the wife I would not spend my entire bonus on truck parts (leaves about 500 on the table)

As for the the rest of my plans I am thinking of adding the BDS rear shackles and the front sway bar disconnects.. My off roading consist of mostly fire roads that is are not really maintained with the occasional washed out section that gives flexy fun times. Are the the shackles worth getting for extra travel in the rear? Or should I spend money elsewhere?
Installed the the BDS 3.5" Lift Kit. It has the BDS rear shackles. Perfect lift. Disconnected the front sway bar also, super smart t improve articulation. . Perfect mods. In re the front end, Originally just went w/ the lifts in the the BDS 3.5" Lift / Level Kit. Stock shocks & springs up front. Body roll HORRID over big bumps. Crap. Swapped out the "lifted" stock up from with Icon 2.5" Coilovers - PERFECT . A 2.0 will not add much beef to the front end dampening. I easy fit 295/70/17's

DranC

First Name
Drandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Healthcare Corp Analyst
I have the Bilstein 5100 all around. Getting them installed thus July 5th. Can't wait..
So got it all installed. I have to admit, much better driving and ride. Railroad track crossing is almost not existent bumpage. Truck feels more planted..
Sponsored