Suggestions To Eliminate Touchscreen Bezel Reflections

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
That's what I was leaning towards. Just looking to see if anyone had come across an alternate option.

Unfortunately the glare is from the windshield not the side windows. In Texas you can apply tint down to the AS-1 line legally and that wouldn't make any difference in this case.
I always thought it was from the side windows since it mostly came when I was driving west and the sun was on my left. My guy that does tints gave me a piece to fool around with and I couldn't get any relief from using it on the window. Accidently tried it on the windshield and that seem to do it. Somewhere on here I saw people doing like a 6" tint across the top of the windshield but can't find the thread. I also ordered an XL bezel which comes in ebony, if that helps maybe I can avoid tinting.
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Plastidip and "durability" don't seem to go hand in hand. I mean, one of its bragging points is being able to peel it off if you don't like it.

Have the desired panels cleared with flat clear, its a thing.

Sell to Carvana and get an XLT.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Plastidip and "durability" don't seem to go hand in hand. I mean, one of its bragging points is being able to peel it off if you don't like it.

Have the desired panels cleared with flat clear, its a thing.

Sell to Carvana and get an XLT.
By durability I meant will it hold up to light brushing by hand from daily use and the occasional towel from cleaning etc. etc. So far it's holding up well but only time will tell. When looking it up the bezel part number is KB3Z-2104302-AA. It's only $37 but the same part number is listed for both the XLT and Lariat so no way to know if it's the matte or smooth finished one. If this doesn't hold up well then I may just buy another one and repaint it with a clear matte finish paint that adheres to plastic. Selling the truck and replacing it with a XLT over a reflective bezel is a tad bit extreme.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
By durability I meant will it hold up to light brushing by hand from daily use and the occasional towel from cleaning etc. etc. So far it's holding up well but only time will tell. When looking it up the bezel part number is KB3Z-2104302-AA. It's only $37 but the same part number is listed for both the XLT and Lariat so no way to know if it's the matte or smooth finished one. If this doesn't hold up well then I may just buy another one and repaint it with a clear matte finish paint that adheres to plastic. Selling the truck and replacing it with a XLT over a reflective bezel is a tad bit extreme.
XL is ebony - mine is coming today will post pic KB3Z-21045C08-AB is part #

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar glare condition for a custom gauge pod in my Mini...in that case, I made an aluminum formed shade (on top of the dash), painted flat black...100% effective...

Mini interior.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had a similar glare condition for a custom gauge pod in my Mini...in that case, I made an aluminum formed shade (on top of the dash), painted flat black...100% effective...

Mini interior.jpg
I honestly don't know how you can see out of your vehicles? You just have to have every vehicle look like it's mission control for the space shuttle don't you? lol Why do I get the feeling this is what your bathroom mirror looks like? ?

Smart Mirror.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't know how you can see out of your vehicles? You just have to have every vehicle look like it's mission control for the space shuttle don't you? lol Why do I get the feeling this is what your bathroom mirror looks like? ?

Smart Mirror.jpg
Close...the Roku TV is by the bath tub... ?

I'm a frustrated pilot... ?