Steeeing Wheel Angle Sensor and Tuning?

Mrmonk7663

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Has anyone found a way to disable or tone down the effect of the steering wheel angle sensor? This is the sensor that causes boost and timing to aggressively cut when making a turn. This makes things like 90degree turns from side road to main road become very dangerous if you have to accelerate quickly.
The mazdaspees3 had this issue and over time COBB tuning was able to find the tables related to the swas in the ECU and ultimately found a way to disable it through the tune

if anyone knows what I’m talking about and has any input I’d love to hear it.
Sponsored

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Yes, the good old Mazdspeed SWAS. I am not sure how the Ranger is tuned for this (what tables, etc.) , but I did notice it stock and in the 5 Star tunes, haven't noticed it with Unleashed, though I try not to fish-tail every time I take off from an intersection turning right or left, Lol. It presented as a weird occasional power drop/transmission sluggishness when turning sharply on take off. It needed very little throttle to appear.

OP
OP
Mrmonk7663

Mrmonk7663

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Yep that’s the feeling of the issue. I used to Tune speeds here in Houston. I know the more power we made the more the swas came into play. Hopefully someone has encountered a work around. I talked to unleashed and he didn’t see any tables for it. I know I’m the Mazda the tables were buried deep
Sponsored