Some people just need a truck - or a friend with a truck . . .

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I'm sure of that.
I can tell you that if I were the forklift operator, I'd refuse to load that.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
1/2' drywall---57 lbs per sheet. Approx. 38 sheets. Roughly 2100 lbs.....but it looks like he has a roof rack, so.......
Good thing he has those screw-in tow loops ready....

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Reminds me of a story my old uncle told me once - he used to own a small sawmill and did a lot of custom and once off jobs.
He did up a couple of main supports for some one who was building a pole house in the bush. These were poles sawn from Australian Red Gum which is as hard as iron, and about as heavy. The guy ( a German guy who didn't have a lot of English) turned up at the mill to pick them up in - a VW Beetle! Like the guy in the pic above, had normal roof racks. My uncle really didn't want any part of it but he had paid and insisted - it vill be gut - I go nicht sehr far.

Anyway my uncle fork lifted them one at a time onto the roof bars , which promptly sank down to the roof under the weight and over hung the car both front and back by a fair margin. Anyway with the poor old Vdub red lined and a cloud of smoke from the clutch he left and to my uncles utter disbelief came back an hour later for the other one!
He never did ask how he got them off at the other end.
Sponsored