Slim bumper lights anyone?

Navyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariot
Has anyone found lights that fit in the recesses in the front bumper? Figured they are to small for actual lights, but maybe amber clearance lights?

A90CF6A2-DCD0-43BA-8F3B-2B3D8847E785.jpeg

C5D54A74-0ADF-4100-98C4-0FEF187A5D6C.jpeg
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

They're here: https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-ranger-6in-bumper-led-kit-70829.html

I was actually looking at them earlier today. Really cool setup, but I probably won't go for them in the end. I really want extra lights for road use on the copious amounts of wildlife infested rural roads I drive. But these aren't road legal and I don't do enough dark off-roading, if any, to warrant them. But I still the idea of them.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
But these aren't road legal and I don't do enough dark off-roading, if any, to warrant them. But I still the idea of them.
That doesn't stop the copious amount of morons in Houston from driving around with them turned on. First it was HID's in reflector style headlights Then HID's in both headlight and fog lights. Then LED drop-ins. Now they added these and spray so much light out in front of them that you need a welding visor on to avoid being blinded as they pass.. :mad:

Deleted member 1634

That doesn't stop the copious amount of morons in Houston from driving around with them turned on. First it was HID's in reflector style headlights Then HID's in both headlight and fog lights. Then LED drop-ins. Now they added these and spray so much light out in front of them that you need a welding visor on to avoid being blinded as they pass.. :mad:
Very true. I've been blinded many many times by morons driving down the road or even through town with all their LED bars on and no regard for others. But I don't want to be one of those people, which really turns me off of LED bars and pods and all that. I have an "old" pair of halogen "pods" that I use on rural roads when no one else is around. But they're also definitely not as bright or harsh as LEDs and actually have a horizontal fog light type pattern for the road immediately in front and ditches. Even then, I don't run through the city or high traffic places with them on.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
They're here: https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-ranger-6in-bumper-led-kit-70829.html

I was actually looking at them earlier today. Really cool setup, but I probably won't go for them in the end. I really want extra lights for road use on the copious amounts of wildlife infested rural roads I drive. But these aren't road legal and I don't do enough dark off-roading, if any, to warrant them. But I still the idea of them.
regarding street legal, I am considering these lights as well, i am wondering why a guy could not adjust the mounting system to aim them down just a tad so they are not blinding oncoming traffic? either with a wedge or tilt them down and re tighten the screws?
Sponsored