SD Area Day-Trip Trails

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
SoCal Folks, I'm planning on a trip down to the SD area in June with the family, and would like to explore some off-road trails that are fun/scenic, and suitable for a day-long visit - any recommendations?

My 2019 FX4 is lifted 1.5 inches, 32" M/Ts, no-winch, with an experienced off-road driver. As we'll be doing this solo, we'd like to skip gnarly stuff so as not to get stuck out there alone; however, if someone's willing to organize a group drive, that'd be awesome! I'll be staying in Coronado from 6/11 ~ 6/19.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pathung

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
No takers? I guess that I'll be doing my own research then.

Once I decide on a route/drive, I'll post it here for whomever would like to join me for the day.

SteamiestOyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Otay truck trails or Ocotillo are probably the most popular places to go.

SteelWheelDeplorable

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Not much wheeling in Socal Lockwood Valley is fun, but tbh try norcal or another state. Everything that looks promising is private, posted or state land.

Last edited:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
SoCal Folks, I'm planning on a trip down to the SD area in June with the family, and would like to explore some off-road trails that are fun/scenic, and suitable for a day-long visit - any recommendations?

My 2019 FX4 is lifted 1.5 inches, 32" M/Ts, no-winch, with an experienced off-road driver. As we'll be doing this solo, we'd like to skip gnarly stuff so as not to get stuck out there alone; however, if someone's willing to organize a group drive, that'd be awesome! I'll be staying in Coronado from 6/11 ~ 6/19.
Octallio might be hot ( temp wise) around that time frame so bring plenty of water. We just just came from Borego Springs and went to Octallio wells gas dome
Thanks!

Thanks!
Ocotillo Wells might be hot (temp) wise around June time frame, so bring plenty of water and have an emergency radio comm. with you. We just came back from Borego Spring and went to Ocotillo Wells, Gas Dome and Pumpkin patch, see attached map of Ocotillo wells SRVA, we took the pole line road and made our way to gas dome and pumpkin patch which are relatively easy trail.
I'll draw a line and will sent it here again if you want. If I'm off around the time you are here, DM me or reply here and I might stop by and head to Ocotillo.

20220402_080649.jpg

OP
OP
Pathung

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Thanks guys, I'll check out your suggestions this weekend.. Would stock Hankooks do fine? I had to take off my mud terrains as they simply got too loud for my 70 Mile daily commute.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, I'll check out your suggestions this weekend.. Would stock Hankooks do fine? I had to take off my mud terrains as they simply got too loud for my 70 Mile daily commute.
Just bring spare cause hankooks side walls are thin, I had to replace one 2 weeks after I got my truck. For easy trail Octallio SVRA has plenty, from gas dome to pumpkin patch. Stock is fine.

Sgt_Gr8Haus

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Hit me up when you’re out here and ready to go out. I’ll more than likely be able to go out.
Sponsored