First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Also, for you Smartcap owners. These guys have covers that will (hopefully) prevent ice from building up around the locks. They have sold a bunch of these lately and even mentioned that they have been shipping them out around the country. If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll get you the phone number.

And, the top vent I have heard let’s in water during car washes. They are using putty on the edges of the vent and they said it is doing a good job with the touchless car washes that we have around here. I’ll let you know how it works for me when I go next.

And let’s not forget the obligatory mutt in the back picture. He’s happy he gets to go on more rides now!

3221E665-62FB-4E5E-A1FA-7A3ED2859C9C.jpeg
6354EBB8-23A6-4DA2-893D-6334A4226B46.jpeg
9CB49915-B02F-410D-A9A2-569D1D7F0269.jpeg
9D2BCC1D-346B-44C8-B479-BEBD054EDFB0.jpeg
I could use those lock covers too!
Sponsored

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
on the smart cap has anyone yet color matched to the truck ?
?

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
…If you’re interested, let me know…
Yes, I‘am. But the Number wouldn‘t be the way for me. Because Time Gap between Europe and Alaska and also I think the freight costs would be a bit over the top...
Would/Could you please tell us the manufacturer of these lock covers for further google search?
:beer:

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Also, for you Smartcap owners. These guys have covers that will (hopefully) prevent ice from building up around the locks. They have sold a bunch of these lately and even mentioned that they have been shipping them out around the country. If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll get you the phone number.

And, the top vent I have heard let’s in water during car washes. They are using putty on the edges of the vent and they said it is doing a good job with the touchless car washes that we have around here. I’ll let you know how it works for me when I go next.

And let’s not forget the obligatory mutt in the back picture. He’s happy he gets to go on more rides now!

3221E665-62FB-4E5E-A1FA-7A3ED2859C9C.jpeg
6354EBB8-23A6-4DA2-893D-6334A4226B46.jpeg
9CB49915-B02F-410D-A9A2-569D1D7F0269.jpeg
9D2BCC1D-346B-44C8-B479-BEBD054EDFB0.jpeg
Pupperoni and all!!! That is so cool dude, congrats <3 How long did it take for the cap to get to you??

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
on the smart cap has anyone yet color matched to the truck ?
?
As mentioned, they do only come in black for the Evo Sport and Evo Adventure. The Commercial cap is all white. We've done quite a few paint to match caps, but only offer that service locally to our shops. Here's a Superduty build we did with custom two tone paint to match Evo Commercial cap.

5YzCjWV.jpg

FlyingMonkey435

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Trapper
[QUOTE="OffroadAlliance, post: 352629, member: 1617]Here's a Superduty build we did with custom two tone paint to match Evo Commercial cap
5YzCjWV.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I’d love to see more details on that build. My SuperDuty is in order, but who knows when I’m gonna get it with this chip shortage.

MoodyBlue

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab FX4
Occupation
Industrial Electrician (Retired)
Hi all, just recieved my Smartcap from @Stage3Motorsports on 11/10/2021 after placing an order at the end of September. Finally came around to installing it over the holiday and install went very smooth except for the wiring harness.

The instructions say that the harness is a T-tap that taps into the trailer 7-way. I saw that in previous posts that some of you were having issues with it with the ranger software, so they may have sent me their latest harness. Looks like the harness taps into a 6 pin plug, but I can't seem to locate it anywhere under the truck or in the driver's sidw taillight. Any help on where to find the plug to tap into would be greatly appreciated!

The harness is a Lumens 9370245

Thanks in advance :fistbump:

4177E51C-AA27-4D59-A5E1-D2EFE9B6262C.jpeg
F57D20DE-8DBE-4C9B-80A4-2A38951C6A9B.jpeg
98F60A21-9732-4589-B063-03837C4C2D20.jpeg
86C7D251-8232-48D8-AB3B-676D433F1E16.jpeg
I just got mine late December and came with same wiring harness - from RSI factory said this harness if for non US/Canada market Rangers and was advised problems with new harness pin outs so factory working with their suppliers for solution - on a side note my brackets all seemed to short as bottom bolts on front and rear did not align with supplied bracket - did you have same issue? I saw on previous posts some pictures of front bracket that had all 4 bolts and brackets aligned??

15ACC574-6B8D-445A-8FC5-9BEB2CFA4C91.jpeg

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine late December and came with same wiring harness - from RSI factory said this harness if for non US/Canada market Rangers and was advised problems with new harness pin outs so factory working with their suppliers for solution - on a side note my brackets all seemed to short as bottom bolts on front and rear did not align with supplied bracket - did you have same issue? I saw on previous posts some pictures of front bracket that had all 4 bolts and brackets aligned??

15ACC574-6B8D-445A-8FC5-9BEB2CFA4C91.jpeg
Yeah I had the same issue. Still solid after a 1000 miles including a pretty crazy snow storm a few weeks ago. I meant to contact rsi to see if they sent the wrong brackets but never got around to it.

MoodyBlue

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah I had the same issue. Still solid after a 1000 miles including a pretty crazy snow storm a few weeks ago. I meant to contact rsi to see if they sent the wrong brackets but never got around to it.
I talked to senior rep at factory and he said that as 3 of the 4 on front are holding will be Ok as is - as for the back they will be sending out a 25mm rubber spacer and longer bolts so back ones will have full support - apperntly ranger is eastern markets differ from the us and canada maybe because of plastic bed rails on top of bed

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
I have a request for any SmartCap (5ft bed) owners, would someone please take a measurement of the max useable length of the top rails? Basically I am looking for how far apart, front to back, crossbars could be installed measuring center to center. Thanks in advance.

onespeeed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
RN
I have a request for any SmartCap (5ft bed) owners, would someone please take a measurement of the max useable length of the top rails? Basically I am looking for how far apart, front to back, crossbars could be installed measuring center to center. Thanks in advance.
The Slot on the track measures 45" long.

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer

MoodyBlue

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good to see you got your original question answered - I saw it but was freezing out last night and didn't want to climb up and measure in the dark.... on a side note I have switched too the RSI Smartcap as well and a 2 person 4 season Treeline RTT (156 lbs) so along with my DYI drawer setup and winter camping gear found I was very close to exceeding GVRW of the FX4 Crewcab - something to watch for as surprised me a bit

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
Good to see you got your original question answered - I saw it but was freezing out last night and didn't want to climb up and measure in the dark.... on a side note I have switched too the RSI Smartcap as well and a 2 person 4 season Treeline RTT (156 lbs) so along with my DYI drawer setup and winter camping gear found I was very close to exceeding GVRW of the FX4 Crewcab - something to watch for as surprised me a bit
Thanks for the heads up. I was set on putting a cargo slide in the bed, but will hold off on that. My tent is about 90 pounds, but the payload capacity sure gets eaten up quickly!

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
RSI SmartCap

Offroad Alliance is North America’s primary dealer. Introduced to the US marketplace at SEMA 2019, the RSI SmartCap is a first in innovation for bed caps.

Built Tough

The RSI SmartCap is forged from strong automotive grade stainless steel. It’s designed to hold up to 330lbs of gear when in motion and a whopping 770lbs when static.

Innovation Meets Design

The RSI SmartCap is the world’s first modular truck cap. Each cap is shipped to your doorstep with five individual pieces. The modular design means easier to ship and easier to install. Installation can be accomplished in under an hour with basic hand tools. On the top of every cap is a Positive Pressure Air Vent that filters fresh air into the cap at a greater velocity than the enclosed bed is capable of sucking air in. This unique feature helps minimize road dust on the interior keeping your gear clean and the dust out.

Grand Opening

SmartCap’s feature a unique gullwing door that are approximately 17% larger than the majority of the fiberglass caps on the market today. This translates to more access and an easier time reaching your cargo or RSI SmartComponent.

The Elements

The RSI SmartCap is truly a cap for every season. Bring on rain, snow, freezing temperatures or howling winds. The modular design and stainless steel construction features an innovative sealing method that when properly installed make the cap complete weatherproof. A cap that is truly design to match your truck and explore the great outdoors.

Speedy Install and Removal

Once the cap is installed, the innovative fastening system allows you to quickly and easily install/remove the cap in about 15 minutes. If you’re needing more bed space or just want to remove the cap when not in use, the RSI SmartCap provide you the ultimate flexibility with minimal time and effort.

Mount Up

Integrated into the top of every cap is a sleekly designed pair of roof rails. These rails feature a t-slot which allows you to integrate a number of items from companies like Yakima, Thule, FrontRunner and so many more.

SmartComponents

SmartComponents easily attach and integrate with the SmartCap. From SmartBins for storage to SmartKitchen for dinner prep under the start, no other cap features such a variety of components.

Warranty

All RSI SmartCaps are backed by a 3 year comprehensive manufacturer warranty on all parts and craftsmanship.

Pricing

Offroad Alliance is offering free LTL freight shipping on all RSI SmartCaps (a savings of up to $250) and all RSI accessories during this initial product launch within the lower 48 states. All Ranger caps are $3695. Price wise, these caps are priced comparably to other similarly outfitted fiberglass caps from brands like Leer. These are due to start shipping in mid to late October. For the next few weeks, we're taking $100 pre-order deposits with the remaining balance to be collected closer to the ship date.

*Some accessories are available now, others will be available in the Nov '20 - Jan '21 time frame. Video below shows a the cap with tons of accessories installed on a Tacoma, but you get the idea at least!

Questions? Please give us a call, shoot us a PM or check the products out online.

PH ——>>>> 888-466-8991
Web ——>>>>
OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

6uBAI4J.png

Km68Bss.png

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere on here, but exciting to see that SmartCap announced that they are hiring for their new Fort Worth, TX manufacturing site which will ramp up in the next few months. I was on the phone with their South Africa office a few days ago and it was mentioned that the US factory will be more automated and the plan is to have the US plant produce more than they currently do in South Africa.
Sponsored

Last edited: