Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sid (@Msfitoy ) working on new towed backup light...

1607383327657.png

also can start small fires when focused (a 2fer):LOL:
Hi Terry,

Carbon Arc....Amazingly powerful but so dangerous...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Cms3717

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat, Black With Sports Package
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer (automotive)
What bulb is the stock reverse light in the brake light assembly? I'm just going to buy a set of the super bright bulbs.

OP
OP

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I haven't looked at this thread of mine in a long while now. I guess I should share what I ended up doing as a solution. Since I have a bed rack on my truck from April to October, I decided to utilize that for my reverse lights, mounting two white pods up high, and piggy backing off of the reverse signal to activate them. At one point, I was planning to just use the reverse signal to activate a relay, and the 12V in the bed of the truck to power them, but testing the wiring all out, that ended up being unnecessary. Plus, I ended up using 20A switches for the other lights, so I didn't relays for them either. I also mounted a new 3rd brake light up there since my rack/kayaks block the cab one.

1667226163204.png

1667226252997.png

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Wow, I haven't looked at this thread of mine in a long while now. I guess I should share what I ended up doing as a solution. Since I have a bed rack on my truck from April to October, I decided to utilize that for my reverse lights, mounting two white pods up high, and piggy backing off of the reverse signal to activate them. At one point, I was planning to just use the reverse signal to activate a relay, and the 12V in the bed of the truck to power them, but testing the wiring all out, that ended up being unnecessary. Plus, I ended up using 20A switches for the other lights, so I didn't relays for them either. I also mounted a new 3rd brake light up there since my rack/kayaks block the cab one.

Nice. Very nice. ?

I figured you found a solution by now since you started this post back in July 2019.

I saw your post back then. I wasn't ready on adding lights in the back because I was figuring out how to add some up front. Now that I over did it up front, it's time to move to the back. ?

I decided to wait until someone did a "plug-n-play" on the wiring. The wait paid off. Not only will it be reverse lights, it'll be running and brake lights at the same time. No need to add extra lights for separate functions.

The bad part is that only one set of lights can do the separate functions. (C1R) I was hoping to add SS3s. I guess the C1Rs should be good enough for now.

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I seriously looked at this when I got my truck, but since they would only be used when the tailgate is down I decided that my flashlight would be a better solution.
it was summer, so I never worked it, but now I will.
I love rear cameras, and damn't, all trucks need them because you can never see the bumper!!!
One of the reasons I got rid of my F350 4 years ago, before the cheap add on cameras came out. I could never back out of Home Depot parking!!!

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat