Rear view camera while driving/towing?

skifters

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 (70)
Does anyone know if it's possible either by entering the secret menu or another method to access the rear view camera while in drive?

This would come in very handy as I quite often have strapped-up loads on the trailer bed and it would be good to keep an eye on it while driving.
Sponsored

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'd like to know the same thing but for a different reason. The tail gate falls open or someone forgot to close it.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
On my previous vehicle, '17 Tacoma, I had a switch wired in to turn on the backup camera at any time, and it was very helpful. Checking on the trailer hitch on a trip was easy. The most often I used it was when pulling into my garage or a parking space in order to see when the rear bumper was clear of the parking line or the garage door. I'd love to figure this out on the Ranger.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
The most often I used it was when pulling into my garage or a parking space in order to see when the rear bumper was clear of the parking line or the garage door. I'd love to figure this out on the Ranger.
That part is easy to do on the Ranger. Turn on the delay feature for your camera, then when you put it in reverse your rear camera will stay on as long as you don’t drive forward faster than 7 mph. In your case all you need to is momentarily put it in reverse as you approach your garage entrance and then pull forward slowly. Your camera will be on for you.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
That part is easy to do on the Ranger. Turn on the delay feature for your camera, then when you put it in reverse your rear camera will stay on as long as you don’t drive forward faster than 7 mph. In your case all you need to is momentarily put it in reverse as you approach your garage entrance and then pull forward slowly. Your camera will be on for you.
Yes that's what I do currently, but if I don't want to stop, shift to reverse, back to drive, then continue, it would be much easier. Plus I can't use that trick while driving if I want to check on a trailer hitch.

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
i cant seem to find this setting. any hints on which menu it is buried in?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
i cant seem to find this setting. any hints on which menu it is buried in?
Yes, the setting is under Ford Sync (not via the instrument cluster). On your Ford Sync center stack screen choose "settings". The choose "vehicle" and then choose "camera settings".

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
Yes, the setting is under Ford Sync (not via the instrument cluster). On your Ford Sync center stack screen choose "settings". The choose "vehicle" and then choose "camera settings".
ah! didnt know that existed.

on our XL truck it is sync settings > parking > delay

thanks!
Sponsored