Rear Light Cover replacement

xander279

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crewcab
Guys I have a real problem. It's an emergency. I'm living in Germany and just bought a 2019 Ford Ranger (US) Spec. I woke up one morning and saw that my rear light was cracked. I'm not sure what i'm supposed to do. Ford Germany doesn't supply US Spec Parts. The light itself is completely functional. BLIS works and all the lights work. It's just the plastic cover. What do I need to do? It's just a crack. Nothing even too bad. I tried to use some plasticweld to hold it together but the inspectors here in germany are very strict. I doubt it would pass an inspection.

I also don't feel like spending $1400 on buying the entire assembly. I just need the plastic cover.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Guys I have a real problem. It's an emergency. I'm living in Germany and just bought a 2019 Ford Ranger (US) Spec. I woke up one morning and saw that my rear light was cracked. I'm not sure what i'm supposed to do. Ford Germany doesn't supply US Spec Parts. The light itself is completely functional. BLIS works and all the lights work. It's just the plastic cover. What do I need to do? It's just a crack. Nothing even too bad. I tried to use some plasticweld to hold it together but the inspectors here in germany are very strict. I doubt it would pass an inspection.

I also don't feel like spending $1400 on buying the entire assembly. I just need the plastic cover.
Try talking to ford usa? It seems to be a known problem, like if you went into a US dealership they'd handle it, but the geographic situation sucks.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Sounds like a Warranty item. Did you ship the Ranger to Germany or did you take possession of it in Germany? Not sure how you would handle this unless you can contact a stateside dealer that will work with you. Are you in the Military? My family was stationed in Germany and my dad handled warrant issues through the airbase auto maintenance garage. Bummer to have this happen...

Good luck!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
You must have German plates, otherwise you would not need to have it inspected, if I remember right.... but it has been 20 years..... I suggest before the inspection is due, you go to the inspection station with a crate of beer an d see what it would take for it to pass
Sponsored