Ranger 5G Forum Member Buy

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Does anyone have any pre- vs. post-tune fuel economy stats yet?
Sponsored

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Is @5startuning ever going to respond? Personally, I don't think it bodes well when the same questions are being asked and there has been zero response. I understand a company gets busy, however, if you have the time to make a thread to sell your product, you ought to have the time to respond to questions that are posted therein.

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
The only "miss" by 5 Star? I selected the option to leave stop/start enabled and it is disabled in my tune. Not a big deal. I'm sure they'd send me new tunes if I asked, but I don't really care that much. Just figured I'd mention it here since this post is sort of a review of the product.
Jeff, Feel free to drop me an email with your serial number and I will have this feature enabled for you.

[email protected]

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
Is @5startuning ever going to respond? Personally, I don't think it bodes well when the same questions are being asked and there has been zero response. I understand a company gets busy, however, if you have the time to make a thread to sell your product, you ought to have the time to respond to questions that are posted therein.
Fair assessment Hack_Actual. Had a heavy travel schedule lately and between it and developing new products have not paid all threads the attention deserved. We will be happy to respond to any and all questions.

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
Got my setup today...super quick turnaround! Got a question...it says "we need your stock tune for your custom tune."

Since my device should be pre-loaded with tunes all i should need to do is backup the stock tune on the device and load whatever tune i want?
If using an SCT device and the swpn was submitted prior to shipment the device will come preloaded. When flashing it will save the stock file into the interal memory.

If using an HP device, we would have to receive a stock read prior to shipment in order to write the custom tunes. If received prior to shipment the tuner will come preloaded and ready to install the custom tune files.

From there, you can flash with any tune you would like as long as the minimum octane for the tune is in the tank.

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
Yes, would like to see economy numbers.
"Economy testing completed this morning
87 daily tow 37.2 miles driven, lieometer shows 23.9 actual pump shows 21.74 used 1.711 gallons outside temps 55F
stock 37.2 miles driven lieometer shows 23.9 actual pump shows 19.61 used 1.897 gallons outside temps 57F
slight north bound head wind on both runs
flashed at gas station each tune so PCM can relearn partial loop
steady state 70 mph cruise on interstate 95 part of loop 1
filled up at same pump number 7"

info from our own tune adjustment form for tune development

I see the performance numbers and that's pretty sweet.

I see a lot of mentioning of economy improvements. Can you share any benchmarks?

What is the lone ranger tune?
Hi Peter,

So here is some of the current, solid info we have from a short economy loop back in March. This was done on a stock Ranger and we plan to do more in the future. The Ranger we have now is no longer stock so testing now will be on the low end (lift, tires , etc now on our Ranger)

Our short Economy loop was 37.2 miles. Tune : 87 daily tow , 1st run outside temp was 55F
"Lieometer" showed 23.9 mpg, actual mileage was 21.74 with 1.711 gallons used

Second run on the same exact economy loop with the stock flash, outside temp was 57F
"Lieometer" still showed 23.9 with actual mileage being 19.60 and 1.897 gallons used

Each time the truck was flashed at gas station so PCM could relearn a portion on the loop.
Steady rate of speed at 70 mph with cruise on i95

We plan on getting more solid data like this.

The Lone Ranger tune is our "adaptive octane" tune that will allow you to fill up with any octane and have the tune adjust to that level of octane.

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
I'd be interested in seeing performance numbers on the "lone ranger" tune myself, but all I have been able to find about it is that it is an adaptive-octane tune (87-93). It sounds like a "set it and forget it" tune with some benefits but likely not the same level of performance as the dedicated 93 Octane performance tune.
That is spot on, Jeff!

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
I'm about to jump on this but have a question for @5startuning . Can you describe how the tuning affects the transmission shifting characteristics? I'm generally happy with the transmission performance, but there is one area where I find it a little lacking. When manually shifting through gears in S mode, for example when descending mountain roads, the transmission responds quite a bit more slowly than in any other vehicle I've driven. I can partially compensate by anticipating my shifts by a few seconds, but it is a bit annoying. Will tuning change this? Does the tuning just change the shift points during auto-shifting, or does it actually change the shift characteristic of individual shifts themselves?

Thanks!
Most of the shifting adjustments that are noticed are in the auto-shifting modes. With the manual shifting on these, firmness can be adjusted and if you end up with a tuner and it is not as "aggressive" or responsive ( or it is too much ), just let us know. We are happy to work with you on revisions.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
@5startuning does any of your group buy or discount pricing apply to the email tunes? I'm looking at buying the Ngauge from someone who bought it from you, but couldn't get it to work on their Ranger.

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
@5startuning does any of your group buy or discount pricing apply to the email tunes? I'm looking at buying the Ngauge from someone who bought it from you, but couldn't get it to work on their Ranger.
Give us a call and mention the group buy, or just ask for Aaron. We can work out some type of discount for email tunes as well.

Thill

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariot in the White Platinum tri-coat.
So far the 87 Daily tow and Lone Ranger tunes have been amazing as far as performance! Definitely a different truck in a good way! My only complaints are my mileage took a good hit from 23 ave to 19.5 ave hwy on my commute. Also, down shifts from 3-1 are clunky. Some of the decline in mileage may be that your tempted to get on the gas now because its fun! Lol! Maybe 5 star will work on mileage improvements for these tunes? Overall happy!

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
Why Tune My Vehicle? From the factory your vehicle’s computer is calibrated for the masses, designed with the average driver in mind, not the performance enthusiast. This not only leaves valuable horsepower & torque hidden inside your vehicle, but is also makes for a mediocre driving experience. Our tuners unlock your vehicle’s hidden performance by re-calibrating your vehicle’s PCM for maximum horsepower & torque, increase throttle response, clean shift points, increased efficiency and the best driving experience possible.

Why 5 Star Tuning? We are your industry leader in Ford and GM truck, car, suv and motorhome tuning. We create and offer the most refined tunes on the market for your application. Rather than offering you a one-sized fits all approach we custom tailor all of your tunes to your specific needs. These needs can be more power, more torque, tuning for your current or future modifications or simply getting the best driving experience from your vehicle. In addition to our refined approach to tuning vehicle, we ensure your vehicle’s reliability will never be compromised.

Dyno & Street Proven Tunes! Our 5 Star Tuning custom tunes have been dyno developed, refined, tested repeatedly, street tested, tow tested and driven all over the country in our own personal vehicles. Nothing says highest quality tune on the market such as investing in our own vehicles and testing them for over a million test miles by our own engineers.

Free Tunes for Life! Have you added a new mod to your truck, car, suv or motorhome and wish to maximize your application’s performance? For all of our Tunes for Life members these modifications are free for the life of your vehicle while you own it. This will ensure that your vehicle run properly with our dyno and street tested tunes give you the most horsepower, torque and most efficient performance possible with your newest addition. For more information on what qualifies for free tune upgrades visit https://5startuning.com//free-tunes-life/.

Want More Performance? A 5 Star Tuning Custom will dramatically improve your drivablity, horsepower, torque, throttle response, efficiency, and towing capacity. Eliminate your factory speed limiter, sluggish throttle, sloppy shifts and lackadaisical nature of your vehicle.

How Do We Get More Performance? Our tunes bring the most potential out of your vehicle by adjusting your fuel tables, drive by wire, timing, torque converter, shift strategies and shift pressures. Visit our Custom Tuning Info section for more detailed information for your specific vehicle.

What Can My Device Do? For starters your device is extremely versatile. In addition to being your flash programmer it can perform many other functions. It can easily load store up to 10 of your 5 Star Tuning custom tunes. Your device can also be used to monitor your vehicle engine parameters. (Parameters can range from engine RPM, Speed, Coolant Temperatures and many more). The tuner can also be used to datalog your vehicle to further dial in current or future modifications. Your flash programmer will also store a copy of your factory tune and your vehicle can be returned to stock at anytime.

Ranger 5G Member Buy: Save $100 off the SCT BDX or HP nGauge via the links below.
SCT BDX:
https://5startuning.com/product/2019-2-3l-ranger-sct-bully-dog-bdx-40470-40490-ranger5g/
HP Tuners nGauge: https://5startuning.com/product/2019-2-3l-ranger-hp-tuners-ranger5g/

5 Star Tuning Truck Logo 19 BDX.jpeg

5 Star Tuning Truck Logo 19 nGauge V2.jpeg
I already own a tuner from my now gone F-150.

Are you offering any deals to the forum members for email tunes?

Thanks!

Mark

blackcat5RS

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Why Tune My Vehicle? From the factory your vehicle’s computer is calibrated for the masses, designed with the average driver in mind, not the performance enthusiast. This not only leaves valuable horsepower & torque hidden inside your vehicle, but is also makes for a mediocre driving experience. Our tuners unlock your vehicle’s hidden performance by re-calibrating your vehicle’s PCM for maximum horsepower & torque, increase throttle response, clean shift points, increased efficiency and the best driving experience possible.

Why 5 Star Tuning? We are your industry leader in Ford and GM truck, car, suv and motorhome tuning. We create and offer the most refined tunes on the market for your application. Rather than offering you a one-sized fits all approach we custom tailor all of your tunes to your specific needs. These needs can be more power, more torque, tuning for your current or future modifications or simply getting the best driving experience from your vehicle. In addition to our refined approach to tuning vehicle, we ensure your vehicle’s reliability will never be compromised.

Dyno & Street Proven Tunes! Our 5 Star Tuning custom tunes have been dyno developed, refined, tested repeatedly, street tested, tow tested and driven all over the country in our own personal vehicles. Nothing says highest quality tune on the market such as investing in our own vehicles and testing them for over a million test miles by our own engineers.

Free Tunes for Life! Have you added a new mod to your truck, car, suv or motorhome and wish to maximize your application’s performance? For all of our Tunes for Life members these modifications are free for the life of your vehicle while you own it. This will ensure that your vehicle run properly with our dyno and street tested tunes give you the most horsepower, torque and most efficient performance possible with your newest addition. For more information on what qualifies for free tune upgrades visit https://5startuning.com//free-tunes-life/.

Want More Performance? A 5 Star Tuning Custom will dramatically improve your drivablity, horsepower, torque, throttle response, efficiency, and towing capacity. Eliminate your factory speed limiter, sluggish throttle, sloppy shifts and lackadaisical nature of your vehicle.

How Do We Get More Performance? Our tunes bring the most potential out of your vehicle by adjusting your fuel tables, drive by wire, timing, torque converter, shift strategies and shift pressures. Visit our Custom Tuning Info section for more detailed information for your specific vehicle.

What Can My Device Do? For starters your device is extremely versatile. In addition to being your flash programmer it can perform many other functions. It can easily load store up to 10 of your 5 Star Tuning custom tunes. Your device can also be used to monitor your vehicle engine parameters. (Parameters can range from engine RPM, Speed, Coolant Temperatures and many more). The tuner can also be used to datalog your vehicle to further dial in current or future modifications. Your flash programmer will also store a copy of your factory tune and your vehicle can be returned to stock at anytime.

Ranger 5G Member Buy: Save $100 off the SCT BDX or HP nGauge via the links below.
SCT BDX:
https://5startuning.com/product/2019-2-3l-ranger-sct-bully-dog-bdx-40470-40490-ranger5g/
HP Tuners nGauge: https://5startuning.com/product/2019-2-3l-ranger-hp-tuners-ranger5g/

I emailed my files Monday still no tunes. Any help??

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase

SCT BDX:

are we not getting the $100 discount anymore? The prices are the same now
Sponsored