pro comp a/t vs nitto terra grappler G2

mattesteez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Hello everyone - looking around here and I see the Nitto terra grappler G2s are highly reviewed. I also see the pro comp a/t sports as well on other truck forums as a great tire. What are your thoughts? For me, 95% of my ride will be on the road and my priorities are ride quality (noise, etc)

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-comp-lt285-70r17-tire-a-t-sport-42857017/_/R-BKBR-42857017

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/nitto-terra-grappler-g2-tires/7594?Style_PQMS=Terra+Grappler+G2

Sorry for another tire thread, but appreciate the insights here!
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So I cant speak much due to lack of personal experience but I have spoke to one person in a jeep that stated the Pro Comp Tires are absolute junk. Even with a Mud Terrain he told me how they ripped the sidewall easier than any tire out there. With that siad I would not waist yoyr money on Procomp Tires.

For Nitro I have heard some good things but for some reason I never liked the tread pattern so I never got a set. Also you have to make sure that they are available in your area or they have to be special ordered.

Thats my input on this

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm running the Nitto's in 265/70/17 on my ranger. Had em on for about a thousand miles mostly local with a few short highway runs. They ride well an are quiet an I didn't notice any decrease in handling. No snow experience yet but they do well in the rain. I lost a little MPG but went up a size. They weigh about 7 pounds more than the stock Bridgestones. My Bridgestones were almost to the wear bars at 24K.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
The tires you mention are D and E load range. If your priority is ride quality and your truck is not heavily loaded, a C load range tire is a better choice. C range tires will typically be lighter and more compliant.
Sponsored