John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
My issues too. Doesn't sound like Honda did much between 2016 and 2019 - good job FORD!
When I was looking to replace my wife’s Honda Pilot - we researched the new pilot (didn’t really like the style). However, the info system was also another reason we never looked at. Ended up with VW Atlas which has a very good info system. However, their app stinks and they want you to pay for it. I like Ford’s because its simple and informative.
Sponsored

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
mines at least accurate where I left it....as of Jan 6th.
auto start isnt working again, so i guess I have to manually start it at the airport when I get there....cold sad truck
I have really not used the location function - However, if I were having problems with starting the truck from my phone then all my praise would be gone.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
I love FordPass and all of its capabilities. Even Journeys...which is kind of preachy about how I drive :giggle:.

I checked skills for the Amazon Echo and found the FordPass one. Works pretty well when starting, locking, mileage range checking, etc.
Do you need to do anything inside the truck to make this work. I got the skill on the Alexa app, but nothing works. Alexa says that she is doing what I ask, but then nothing happens on the truck.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Do you need to do anything inside the truck to make this work. I got the skill on the Alexa app, but nothing works. Alexa says that she is doing what I ask, but then nothing happens on the truck.
I didn't have to do anything inside the truck. It's all driven by the FordPass account. Once you enable the skill and link it by logging into FordPass it should work. If you linked successfully did you get prompted to create a 4-digit code?

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you downloaded the app and set it up on your phone yet?

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Meh.....when I go to Vehicle>Vehicle Location the map centers zooms in consistently on a lake in the Brazilian Andes or a town south east of Wichita. I have to zoom out to find the Ranger. This time shows it at home. I left it at the airport.

Auto Start doesn’t always work. Usually when I need it the most.
Yea, I occasionally have an issue "Remote start failed". No explanation of why either.
Sponsored