John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
One of the reason I picked up my Ranger was because of Ford Pass and Ford deciding to make it FREE for a lifetime. Being able to start my truck from my watch or phone from my bedroom or my office on cold days and then soon hot days is an awesome perk. I know Ford makes some mistakes but on this they hit it out of the park.
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You work for Ford Pass?
I didn't buy the truck because of FordPass by any means, but it's a pretty sweet perk. I started the truck for my wife when I was two states away once :sunglasses:

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You work for Ford Pass?
No I don't work for Ford. However, when I was looking for a new vehicle one big thing was remote start function I have missed it. Living in Atlanta area we have semi-cold winters and hot summers so being able to have my truck cooled or warmed by the time I get to the car is an awesome feature. This was one of the factors in purchasing the truck.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's a great feature.

Phish806

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
its great when it works... The app is always slow and locking up. Also, i set the scheduled starts for my truck to repeat every weekday morning. Thats great and all and it does as it should but i can not get into it to modify it or shut if off if its a holiday or i go into work early. Its nice in theory, but functions horribly.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
I love FordPass and all of its capabilities. Even Journeys...which is kind of preachy about how I drive :giggle:.

I checked skills for the Amazon Echo and found the FordPass one. Works pretty well when starting, locking, mileage range checking, etc.

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love FordPass and all of its capabilities. Even Journeys...which is kind of preachy about how I drive :giggle:.

I checked skills for the Amazon Echo and found the FordPass one. Works pretty well when starting, locking, mileage range checking, etc.
I be worried my kids would have to much fun starting my truck

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
I be worried my kids would have to much fun starting my truck
It does use a passcode. Set up when linking to FordPass. Alexa asks for the passcode after the command is given. So use with caution!

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
My wife got a Honda. After seeing their offering compared to Ford’s, I gotta say Ford is the clear winner here.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah ford pass is the shit. Starting truck from phone is nice perk. Our Acura and BMW both charge for such features via subscriptions. Not cheap

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
My wife got a Honda. After seeing their offering compared to Ford’s, I gotta say Ford is the clear winner here.
I'm not sure what year your Honda is - ours is a 2016 Accord Touring so it has everything - mine is a Lariat and I like everything about the infortainment better than the Honda's....although the Honda will take a CD which is great for her but all my music is on my phone anyway.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
I'm not sure what year your Honda is - ours is a 2016 Accord Touring so it has everything - mine is a Lariat and I like everything about the infortainment better than the Honda's....although the Honda will take a CD which is great for her but all my music is on my phone anyway.
She had a 2019 touring civic. Has all the bells and whistles. They don’t have bumper sensors like us. Kinda miss hose too. Her blind spot monitoring is on the passenger side only and is a camera. So right turn signal show the right side and lane on the infotainment screen. It kinda makes me nauseous. I think Ford is way ahead of Honda in many aspects.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
She had a 2019 touring civic. Has all the bells and whistles. They don’t have bumper sensors like us. Kinda miss hose too. Her blind spot monitoring is on the passenger side only and is a camera. So right turn signal show the right side and lane on the infotainment screen. It kinda makes me nauseous. I think Ford is way ahead of Honda in many aspects.
My issues too. Doesn't sound like Honda did much between 2016 and 2019 - good job FORD!

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
Meh.....when I go to Vehicle>Vehicle Location the map centers zooms in consistently on a lake in the Brazilian Andes or a town south east of Wichita. I have to zoom out to find the Ranger. This time shows it at home. I left it at the airport.

Auto Start doesn’t always work. Usually when I need it the most.
Sponsored