Popped 1 tire at 11k miles. Can I replace just the one?

Toxxxicityyy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Self explanatory. One tire is FUBAR and I'm debating on either upgrading all 4 or just replacing the 1. For financial reasons, I'd rather just replace the one, but I wasn't sure if I could do that at this level of wear.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Toxxxicityyy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
at only 11K miles I would just buy one. MAYBE two if I were really concerned, all four if I were a Kardashian.
That's what I was thinking. For what it's worth, this is a truck I plan on getting rid of in a year or so anyways. I think I'll measure the treads and then probably replace 2 of them. The treads seem relatively worn for 11k miles, probably since it's been very hot highway driving mostly.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Ask a professional who isn't trying to sell you tires!
Personally, I would replace just the bad tire. With only 11k on them you shouldn't have a major difference from the new one to the old ones. I would go straight to a Ford Dealership for the replacement because I have heard that often times the factory tires differ slightly from replacement tires.
Just my two cents.

*If you are getting rid of the truck in a year I definitely wouldn't buy more than one tire.

OP
OP

Toxxxicityyy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Ask a professional who isn't trying to sell you tires!
Personally, I would replace just the bad tire. With only 11k on them you shouldn't have a major difference from the new one to the old ones. I would go straight to a Ford Dealership for the replacement because I have heard that often times the factory tires differ slightly from replacement tires.
Just my two cents.

*If you are getting rid of the truck in a year I definitely wouldn't buy more than one tire.
Thanks! Appreciate it. I found somebody selling a slightly used set local to me. Hoping I can get 1 off him :)

Shouldn't all hankook dynapro atm 265/60r18/110t's be the same?

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
Self explanatory. One tire is FUBAR and I'm debating on either upgrading all 4 or just replacing the 1. For financial reasons, I'd rather just replace the one, but I wasn't sure if I could do that at this level of wear.
How to know if it won't cause harm:

If the difference between the circumference (ie outside measurement / distance the tire would roll in one revolution) of the old & new tires is less than 3% (that's the general rule), only replace the one. If the difference is higher than 3% there's a risk to your differential.

First online percentage difference calculator I found seems adequate, just put in the circumference of tire A and tire B into "value A" and "value b" (doesn't matter which is which) and it'll tell you the percent difference.
https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/percentage-difference

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
A simular question is if you repl 2 tires do the fronts wear faster or the rears. Assuming no wheel spinning.
Sponsored