Pod lights with drl

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
I know rigid had some that have a running light feature. Are there any others? I’ve seen some on the road that the trim lights used amber but can’t find them on google earth
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

I have a pair of the Diode Dynamics SSc2, which have the backlight feature. Mine are in amber and, though they're not wired in to my DRLs directly, I do have them setup to basically be on amber mode when not on white mode.

White
IMG_20210123_134431687_HDR.jpg

Amber
IMG_20210123_134658321.jpg

roguedaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have a pair of the Diode Dynamics SSc2, which have the backlight feature. Mine are in amber and, though they're not wired in to my DRLs directly, I do have them setup to basically be on amber mode when not on white mode.

White
IMG_20210123_134431687_HDR.jpg

Amber
IMG_20210123_134658321.jpg
How did you wire the DRL feature? I got a rough country light bar with DRL but I don’t want to click the switch on and off every time I get in the car

Deleted member 1634

How did you wire the DRL feature? I got a rough country light bar with DRL but I don’t want to click the switch on and off every time I get in the car
So I didn't technically wire these into the DRL feature. Basically what I've done is change my DRLs to be my parking lights all the way around (fronts, side markers, and taillights). So if you do that and wanted to have these come on as DRLs, there are a number of methods I'm sure, but what I would do is connect the switch power to something that only turns on when the parking lights come on and just leave the switch in the ON setting. That way the lights won't/can't come on unless the parking lights (set as DRLs in this case as well) come on. But you could also turn the light bar off if need be too.

If you don't want to change the parking lights to be DRLs, you could look around and see which wires and/or fuses are dedicated to the DRL function and tap into those for the switch power.

My setup is slightly different in that my lights are wired to a fuse location which is active only when the vehicle is turned on, not necessarily when it's in D/R. So I can use these lights at any time when the vehicle is turned on, and not worry about mistakenly leaving them on when the vehicle is turned off.

Hopefully that makes sense and is helpful.
Sponsored