November Monthly Sales Shatters The Record At 10,568 Rangers Sold Thanks To Black Friday Incentives

Deleted member 1634

I analyze just about every purchase I make (sometimes to much) but I rarely beat myself up when something is discounted months after I purchase it. My feeling is I was happy with what I paid for that item at that time knowing that it could/would go on sale at some point. Now I might be a little upset if the very next month there were some large discounts but I bought what I felt at the time was a good deal. Just think of it this way, you have enjoyed your new Ranger for over 6 months now instead of being online drooling over everyone else's. :)
The way I look at is you had 6 more months of smiles. Priceless!
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my purchase. Not one iota of guilt. And I essentially couldn't have waited another 6 months to get mine since I was kind of forced into it due my previous vehicle's issues. I knew I wanted a Ranger years ago when it was announced it was coming back, so it was all destined to happen anyways. I also get Z-Plan pricing as well, so I got a good deal on the truck I bought regardless. haha
Sponsored

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
I'm glad I could help their November numbers. With the rebates and dealer discounts in Houston they almost giving them away, just couldn't say no.
I did my part as well. Great deals in early November on my Lariat

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Does the Ranger factory have the capacity to put out Rangers in enough numbers to compete with the Tacos numbers? Especially since they will also be building the Bronco on the same assembly line later?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Ranger factory have the capacity to put out Rangers in enough numbers to compete with the Tacos numbers? Especially since they will also be building the Bronco on the same assembly line later?
Hi Rick,

I am not sure, but I think the current Ranger is single shift and you can increase capacity with double shifting and increase each shift to 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. So likely no real problem with capacity. Can't run 24/7 as there has to be 4 hrs a day for maintenance. It sure changes the logistics of incoming parts and outgoing vehicles though...lots more traffic... Sundays and line speed are Union contract issues...likely will not change without local bargaining agreeing...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I do not thinks so since in Dec they are supposed to be opening a new Taco plant in Mexico and expanding the truck plant in Texas.
I think the market may be flooded with Tacos and hurt their price some..
Sponsored