Nissan Utili-track type setup?

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I would not recommend mounting the L-Track (O-Track, S-Track et al) in the bed. The sheet metal in the bed is likely to bend if you ratchet your load down with straps.

I actually saw a pickup yesterday with an aftermarket track system, and their truck bed was bent towards the front of the bed next to the cab. That's the damage I would envision happening to the Ranger. On the Frontier the Utili-Track system is made for the truck and is mounted solid. My $0.02.
I think as long as you have proper support under the bed, like large washers or maybe even add a couple of extra bolts, you would be ok.

I have E Track in the cargo area of my Explorer, that use to hold down a 125# spare and tools under heavy off roading, and my floor is still perfectly flat still.
Sponsored

Bsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4
I think as long as you have proper support under the bed, like large washers or maybe even add a couple of extra bolts, you would be ok.

I have E Track in the cargo area of my Explorer, that use to hold down a 125# spare and tools under heavy off roading, and my floor is still perfectly flat still.
Has anyone looked into retrofit of the Toyota Tacoma Side bed rails? Saw someone with a Ridgeline installed a set in his vehicle.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Has anyone looked into retrofit of the Toyota Tacoma Side bed rails? Saw someone with a Ridgeline installed a set in his vehicle.
Never seen it done before but the Nissan system is awesome. I think its the most user friendly tie down set up out there.