Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rusted out 02 Tundra
Occupation
Engineer
Hi, Guys.

Looking to pull the trigger on buying a new 4x4 crew cab Lauriat since my 02 Tundra is ready to hit the scrap heap with it's rust frame.

So far it's last me 18 years and 235K miles and now I'm interested in the new Ranger. (My dad still drives his 95 Reg Cab Ranger around with over 200K on the odometer)

Had a couple a questions if someone could help me out.

1) Looking to buy a Ford PremiumCare ESP plan, 8 year, no deductible, 150K; saw on FloodFordESP.com that it was listed at $3,515. Is this the lowest price or have others been able to call around and get a lower price on their warranty than this site?

2) Has anyone had an aftermarket Viper alarm with remote start and door lock installed? (vehicle I'm interested in doesn't have the remote start)

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Bill
Sponsored

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hi and welcome to the forums. Lots of good people here with great info and a good sense of humor too.

I can't really answer either of your questions. But I know on my 2019 XLT I can remote start with the Ford Pass app on my phone. The app doesn't cost anything to use and I also got 42,000 Ford reward points for setting it up. Of course it isn't as handy as having a remote start on a key fob. That may not be what you are looking for but it works for me instead of installing something from a 3rd party.

I'm sure others with more knowledge will stop by to help you with your questions.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, Guys.

Looking to pull the trigger on buying a new 4x4 crew cab Lauriat since my 02 Tundra is ready to hit the scrap heap with it's rust frame.

So far it's last me 18 years and 235K miles and now I'm interested in the new Ranger. (My dad still drives his 95 Reg Cab Ranger around with over 200K on the odometer)

Had a couple a questions if someone could help me out.

1) Looking to buy a Ford PremiumCare ESP plan, 8 year, no deductible, 150K; saw on FloodFordESP.com that it was listed at $3,515. Is this the lowest price or have others been able to call around and get a lower price on their warranty than this site?

2) Has anyone had an aftermarket Viper alarm with remote start and door lock installed? (vehicle I'm interested in doesn't have the remote start)

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Bill
I'm no expert, but it seems like there is a pretty good consensus that the flood ford ESP plan is the cheapest way you can go. I've never seen anyone post anything cheaper.
Sponsored