Ordered my Ranger last night

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
We have finally had some Rangers make it to our local dealerships and I had a chance to see it inside, outside and take a couple for a spin. I was sold. Been waiting a year for the Ranger to get here.

I ordered the Lariat with the 501A and towing package with Magnetic on the outside and the stone interior. I thought about the chrome package but prefer the “standard” Lariat wheels. Thought about the sports appearance package but didn’t understand the value of painting the bumper and stuff magnetic when it is already magnetic. I did like the wheel though. Thought about the FX4 package but really only drive this a tiny fraction off road and not through anything too difficult. Spray in liner I have been told will delay my order so Line-X it will be.

I did learn a couple of things along the way. It paid to visit more than one dealer. Most were around Xprice (I work for a company that gets xplan pricing) but the last place was under xplan by a little bit. The trade in value of my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee really varied by over $5,0000 from one place to the next.

The main thing I learned was that the $750 preorder “coupon” worked for me even though I didn’t order by January 2, 2019. I had called Ford before going to these dealerships to see if they would still honor the certificate and they said there is no need to as it is good till July 2,2019. Or he dealerships couldn’t find it and I called Ford again. They said they have been having issues with the coupon and told me what to tell the dealers to do when they went looking for it. Last night they found the coupon and I got the $750.

So, am I screwing up by not ordering the FX4 package? Anything else I missed? Is the trailer tow package worth the $500? What is in the trailer townpackage that isn’t standard beside the 4-pin/7-pin connector?

I was told 8 weeks from this Thursday and I will see it. I don’t believe them. I sent a text to the sales gut today asking if my Ranger has made it in yet. Luckily he has a sense of humor.

Mark
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
We have finally had some Rangers make it to our local dealerships and I had a chance to see it inside, outside and take a couple for a spin. I was sold. Been waiting a year for the Ranger to get here.

I ordered the Lariat with the 501A and towing package with Magnetic on the outside and the stone interior. I thought about the chrome package but prefer the “standard” Lariat wheels. Thought about the sports appearance package but didn’t understand the value of painting the bumper and stuff magnetic when it is already magnetic. I did like the wheel though. Thought about the FX4 package but really only drive this a tiny fraction off road and not through anything too difficult. Spray in liner I have been told will delay my order so Line-X it will be.

I did learn a couple of things along the way. It paid to visit more than one dealer. Most were around Xprice (I work for a company that gets xplan pricing) but the last place was under xplan by a little bit. The trade in value of my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee really varied by over $5,0000 from one place to the next.

The main thing I learned was that the $750 preorder “coupon” worked for me even though I didn’t order by January 2, 2019. I had called Ford before going to these dealerships to see if they would still honor the certificate and they said there is no need to as it is good till July 2,2019. Or he dealerships couldn’t find it and I called Ford again. They said they have been having issues with the coupon and told me what to tell the dealers to do when they went looking for it. Last night they found the coupon and I got the $750.

So, am I screwing up by not ordering the FX4 package? Anything else I missed? Is the trailer tow package worth the $500? What is in the trailer townpackage that isn’t standard beside the 4-pin/7-pin connector?

I was told 8 weeks from this Thursday and I will see it. I don’t believe them. I sent a text to the sales gut today asking if my Ranger has made it in yet. Luckily he has a sense of humor.

Mark
Your Ranger at a minimum will be built on 3/25, maybe later, so assume 10-14 weeks not 8.

FX4 includes skid plates, Trail Control (off road cruise control from Raptor) & better suspension. Definitely worth the money for what you get.

Tow package also make sense since a hitch receiver & 4/7 pin wiring is pre-installed.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
The way that I understood the $750 coupon was that you had to order by 1/2 and take delivery by 7/2. I ordered on 1/9 and did not know you had to secure the coupon until after they took it down. :(

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
The way that I understood the $750 coupon was that you had to order by 1/2 and take delivery by 7/2. I ordered on 1/9 and did not know you had to secure the coupon until after they took it down. :(
Marketing extended the coupon to 7/2. I bought my truck on 1/3 and they gave me a coupon code and honored it. I understand ROVP expired on 1/15.
I got ROVP approval on the 10th and have not heard a word since.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
That's awesome. When you say "marketing", are you talking about marketing at the dealership or marketing at Ford Corporate?