Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was bored so I decided to run out and fill my truck with gas a couple of minutes ago. On the way home I took the long way through the back of out sub-division on a hill we call "Punishment Hill" when we go on walks. It's a steep climb up into the neighborhood and then it goes back down. I decided to fool with the Trail Control just to see how it worked. It was pretty easy to turn on, obviously. All you have to do is push a button. Using the SET button on the steering wheel increased your "trail" speed. I set it to 11 mph and was impress that it held it with-in 1 mph going up the steep hill. On the downhill section, it held it to 11 mph exactly, and this already noisy truck made another new noise! I'm assuming what I heard was the truck modulating the brakes to control the descent.

On a side note, I just learned I have automatic high-beams too! LOL
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was bored so I decided to run out and fill my truck with gas a couple of minutes ago. On the way home I took the long way through the back of out sub-division on a hill we call "Punishment Hill" when we go on walks. It's a steep climb up into the neighborhood and then it goes back down. I decided to fool with the Trail Control just to see how it worked. It was pretty easy to turn on, obviously. All you have to do is push a button. Using the SET button on the steering wheel increased your "trail" speed. I set it to 11 mph and was impress that it held it with-in 1 mph going up the steep hill. On the downhill section, it held it to 11 mph exactly, and this already noisy truck made another new noise! I'm assuming what I heard was the truck modulating the brakes to control the descent.

On a side note, I just learned I have automatic high-beams too! LOL

The sound you're hearing is ABS pump. The first time I used mine it sounded like rocks got caught in the rotors. lol It is a real cool system on how you can set it and it keeps that speed while you're either ascending or descending down a trail. You can also increase or decrease the speed on the fly which is nice too if you're climbing up a smaller trailing want more speed.