First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Hey guys, new here to the forum, just picked up this 2020 Ranger yesterday.
Here are the specs for it.
2020 Ranger XLT
4x4
501A
Sport Package
Technology Package
Max Trailering Package
Electronic Rear Diff

Was looking for a long time for a used one and then saw this brand new pop up at the local dealer heavily discounted for the holiday weekend. It is exactly what I was looking for, sport package, 4x4, locking diff. The technology package is a cool addition but not necessarily something i was looking for. Sticker was 39K and i haggled the dealer down to 31K before trade in.

Already bought my first mods and looking for more to do. Heres what i got coming.

Bedrug bed liner
Truxedo bed cover
Weathertech floor liner
Tailgate damper

Looking into doing the raptor style grille and the rough country 2.5 level kit. Are there any other level kits out there? The rough country looks great but the install horror stories have my slightly worried.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and posting my progress.

20200906_100452.jpg
Sponsored

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Welcome and I am sure you will love your new Ranger.

Looks like the factory antenna is not installed. Did you take it off? If not check your glove box, some people have reported finding them there. If you don't like the large factory antenna you can get a 2 or 4 inch one from CravenSpeed. That was the first mod I did, the 2 inch stubby. :)

I don't listen to AM/FM much and mostly got it to plug the hole where the large factory antenna was.

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Good eye! Forgot to put this in my original post. The first thing I did before even driving off the lot was rip that antenna off, i hated the look. Have the craven speed 2 in stubby on order as well.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Good eye! Forgot to put this in my original post. The first thing I did before even driving off the lot was rip that antenna off, i hated the look. Have the craven speed 2 in stubby on order as well.
Haha, me too like I said it was my first mod. Only wanted to ask because I've seen a few posts recently where people said they had no antenna at all only to find them in the glove box. Welcome to the stubby club. :)

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Hey guys, new here to the forum, just picked up this 2020 Ranger yesterday.
Here are the specs for it.
2020 Ranger XLT
4x4
501A
Sport Package
Technology Package
Max Trailering Package
Electronic Rear Diff

Was looking for a long time for a used one and then saw this brand new pop up at the local dealer heavily discounted for the holiday weekend. It is exactly what I was looking for, sport package, 4x4, locking diff. The technology package is a cool addition but not necessarily something i was looking for. Sticker was 39K and i haggled the dealer down to 31K before trade in.

Already bought my first mods and looking for more to do. Heres what i got coming.

Bedrug bed liner
Truxedo bed cover
Weathertech floor liner
Tailgate damper

Looking into doing the raptor style grille and the rough country 2.5 level kit. Are there any other level kits out there? The rough country looks great but the install horror stories have my slightly worried.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and posting my progress.

20200906_100452.jpg
Do you mean 301A? 501A is a Lariat package.

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum, now the mod adventure begins..

Anne

First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ranger
Haha, me too like I said it was my first mod. Only wanted to ask because I've seen a few posts recently where people said they had no antenna at all only to find them in the glove box. Welcome to the stubby club. :)
I love my stubbie antenna. No more smashing the antenna on the garage door!?
Sponsored