Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I put the ceramic coat on everything. There are plenty of how to videos right on Adam's website.
Yep, I was planning on putting it on everything too, I just haven't "felt" like it lately and I need to polish it, even though it's just 3-4 months old.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
So, earlier today, it got in the low 50's and was sunny, but windy, but tomorrow is supposed to be raining all day and I wanted to get the little Beast cleaned up and ceramic coated, so I decided to use some of my Adam's products today!

I cleaned the wheels & tires first, using the Blue Wheel Cleaner and the Orange Tire & Rubber Cleaner, along with the wheel/tire brushes I got in my Mystery box/bucket.

I then Mega Foamed it and enjoyed it way too much, LOL!
IMG_20220108_143953549_HDR.jpg

I then used some old Meguiars soap, (all I had) and used the 2 bucket method to wash/clean it.

Then used the Iron Remover and rinsed all of the suds off.

I backed it into my garage and then used Adam's Ultra Plush Drying Towel along with some Detail Spray, to get most of the water off.

Lastly, for tonight at least, I used that Adam's awesome Air Cannon and blew off the whole truck. I used it for close to an hour and this is the ending results.
IMG_20220108_162535479.jpg

Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to use some Scratch Remover (there's a few tiny areas, where I installed the Air Design parts, that I got a scratch or two....)... Debating if I should do the Hand Polishing/Machine Polishing. Then attempt to do the Ceramic Coating.

I also received my SCT BDX Tuner from 5-Star Tuning and I'll have to install it tomorrow as well!
IMG_20220108_171639980.jpg

I got a few of my Carbon Fiber dash pieces, but won't be able to install them, until I get my Lariat dash parts, from Benny, next week.

I also got some vinyl wrap for my door handle thingys, but unsure if I'll be able to wrap anything, but I'll try it when I upgrade to the Kicker speakers soon!

There's not much left that I want to do to it. I thought about adding a Matte Black single stripe in the future, but I'm unsure about that? I've never been a stripe or flame guy... I wouldn't mind doing something similar to what SCT did on the bed sides, but I don't want that massive "SCT" on the doors, LOL!

Anyway, I'm going to drive it Monday! That'll be the 1st time it's left the house in 3 weeks! I want it to be clean and delicious looking!

On the 17th, I'll be getting it aligned to stock specs. I'm also debating on dropping the rear another inch this week.

Last edited:

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
@Mirage775 - Bit irrelevant now, but got this from a bloke who just did a steering wheel swap, about removing airbag..

“Hey Rob,

I persisted for many more hours on the clips at the rear…..to no success. I followed the alternate methods in the manual with piercing some tiny holes in the sides ( where the marked indents were) and did it with a flat head and got it off within a minute or so. Thanks all for your advice.”

Looking at mine, I can see the indents (I think), but not really sold on piercing a hole there. I’ll see how I go.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
@Mirage775 - Bit irrelevant now, but got this from a bloke who just did a steering wheel swap, about removing airbag..

“Hey Rob,

I persisted for many more hours on the clips at the rear…..to no success. I followed the alternate methods in the manual with piercing some tiny holes in the sides ( where the marked indents were) and did it with a flat head and got it off within a minute or so. Thanks all for your advice.”

Looking at mine, I can see the indents (I think), but not really sold on piercing a hole there. I’ll see how I go.
Might be a difference between US and EUR versions, as mine didn't have indents, it already has small holes on both sides, maybe 1/4" or less in diameter? I remember the guy in the UK, on that one video I linked, saying he had to "push-through" that area too...

Oh well, I'll live with the Carbon Fiber for a while...

Thanks anyway though!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
So, today, I finished up my cleaning/ceramic coating and it took about 6-8 hours to finish it all!

I stayed up till 5am this morning, playing Halo Infinite, LOL! Went to sleep, woke up at 9-10, watched some Adam's videos and went to the garage to finish my journey!

Onto the cleaning continuation today...

I used the Medium Grade Clay Bar and Detail Spray, (too much detail spray actually, LOL). Nothing was on the Clay Bar, except the yellow and white grease pencil markings from installing the flares, haha! Then, there was so much residue left over, I used Detail Spray and a Single Soft Towel, to clean all of it up...
IMG_20220109_113439936.jpg

IMG_20220109_113420088.jpg

Then, I wanted to try to get that scratch off my door and hood scoop, so I used the Scratch & Swirl Remover to do that and they both got much better! At this time, I thought to myself and said, self, screw polishing! But, I noticed the hood looked like it needed some love, so I used the Blue Hand Polish along with the Blue Hex Pad Applicator and polished the whole damn truck and man, just by doing that alone, made it look amazing!
IMG_20220109_124218339.jpg

IMG_20220109_124229141.jpg

In all my Black vehicles I've owned, I've never had one that looked this amazing!

Then, I did the Ceramic Prep Coat, then the Graphene Ceramic Coating itself. I used almost the whole 8oz bottle of ceramic, LOL! I also put the Ceramic Coating on my wheels, glass and bed-cover. I had one little spot on the tailgate, that I didn't wipe off and it dried, but a few drops on the the applicator and it came off with ease. I looked over the whole truck and didn't see anymore dried bits. This pic is after the Ceramic Coating had been applied & removed and just the reflection alone is completely insane! Drivers side roof.
IMG_20220109_144813703.jpg

Since it was raining all day, I couldn't get a great pic, but here she is, all Graphene Ceramic Coated!
IMG_20220109_154618011.jpg

I forgot to take a pic, but I also put Graphene Tire Dressing on all the tires and it still looks nice. It's not glossy, but it's not flat looking like in the pic above.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Today, I also installed my 87 daily/towing tune. No pic, since it was just a handheld PC with an uploading screen, LOL!

I also added this little sticker on my steering wheel.
IMG_20220109_172256636.jpg

I got some of my Carbon Fiber dash overlays and was able to install one of them. It doesn't look too bad actually. It's a lot nicer than my failed Matte Black paint job....
IMG_20220109_172307311.jpg

I hacked off the OEM plugs and wired/shrink wrapped my new USB plugs and voltmeter. Camera had an awful time focusing on the voltmeter... I'll try to take a better pic in the daylight later..
IMG_20220109_183009651.jpg

This is a first for me, as I've never had a bobble-head anything before, but I couldn't pass this up, as it looks just like our Pitty!
IMG_20220109_191603038.jpg

Lastly, I installed my Adam's Air Cannon wall mount.
IMG_20220109_191633515.jpg

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Truck looks good bud, Adams products ain't nothing but the truth. I do my vehicles at least 3-4 times a year.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Truck looks good bud, Adams products ain't nothing but the truth. I do my vehicles at least 3-4 times a year.
Thanks! I only used Meguiar's stuff before and never heard about any of Adam's products, until I found the thread about Shadow Black Polishing Results, from @Trash Panda
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/shadow-black-polishing-results.16319/#post-334419

You don't have to Ceramic mine 3-4 times a year, because I didn't use the spray. I used this kit:
Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 06-04-20 adams_polishes_graphene_coating_kit_with_light_product_photo...png

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I noticed you decided to not paint your Raptor grille surround gloss to match your factory black package grille. I am trying to decide if I want to leave my new Ford Performance grille matte, or paint the surround gloss (or swap the surrounds). I have about the same amount of gloss accents as you (factory black package stuff, plus mirror caps and door handles).

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I only used Meguiar's stuff before and never heard about any of Adam's products, until I found the thread about Shadow Black Polishing Results, from @Trash Panda
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/shadow-black-polishing-results.16319/#post-334419

You don't have to Ceramic mine 3-4 times a year, because I didn't use the spray. I used this kit:
Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 06-04-20 adams_polishes_graphene_coating_kit_with_light_product_photo...png
I haven't tried this kit yet, still using the ceramic in the bottle with the sponge. That was the first ceramic kit a couple of years ago.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed you decided to not paint your Raptor grille surround gloss to match your factory black package grille. I am trying to decide if I want to leave my new Ford Performance grille matte, or paint the surround gloss (or swap the surrounds). I have about the same amount of gloss accents as you (factory black package stuff, plus mirror caps and door handles).
I don't believe the SCT Ranger had their Raptor grille painted as you said? I did mine as close to the same as theirs.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't tried this kit yet, still using the ceramic in the bottle with the sponge. That was the first ceramic kit a couple of years ago.
Are you using the ceramic spray? That's the one that has to be applied every other wash or something?

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Are you using the ceramic spray? That's the one that has to be applied every other wash or something?
No. ? The Spray Coating(Regular or Graphene) is 1 year. I just apply it every 6 months or so for peace of mind on a pretty day when I have time.

Graphene CS3 or Graphene Detail Spray; sure apply every wash or two.

I know it’s confusing them dropping a new product every month it seems. ?‍
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc