I've traded up, boys!

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I have to make a comment about the street tires, you do all that and put all that stuff probably thousands in parts installation etc and yet you are running street tires and as far as i can see didnt shell out the mere pennies in comparison to get some beefy tires. Also is that rwd lol
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I have to make a comment about the street tires, you do all that and put all that stuff probably thousands in parts installation etc and yet you are running street tires and as far as i can see didnt shell out the mere pennies in comparison to get some beefy tires. Also is that rwd lol
It is an Fx4, but I removed the stickers because I'm not a labels kinda guy and not concerned with keeping up to the Jones' on appearance.

They are my winter tires on factory black rims, 255/70-18 Michelin X-Ice ~$300 each.

My summer tires are LT285/70-17 Duratrac 8 ply. I have a 6 pack of those, all mounted with Ford TPMS. After tax, the tires were $490 each, rims were $300 each, TPMS were $100 each, $40 to mount and balance. Over $5k for summer tires and wheels.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

ICG69Bg.jpg

OP
OP
ArchitectThom

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
It is an Fx4, but I removed the stickers because I'm not a labels kinda guy and not concerned with keeping up to the Jones' on appearance.

They are my winter tires on factory black rims, 255/70-18 Michelin X-Ice ~$300 each.

My summer tires are LT285/70-17 Duratrac 8 ply. I have a 6 pack of those, all mounted with Ford TPMS. After tax, the tires were $490 each, rims were $300 each, TPMS were $100 each, $40 to mount and balance. Over $5k for summer tires and wheels.

ICG69Bg.jpg
As you'll notice, I hate the stupid stickers, too. Even though I DID give it a bit of a second thought because the FX4 sticker is blacked out for the blackout package and looked KINDA cool. I still didn't want it mucking up the truck. The only badges I want on the truck are the manufacturer and the model.

Damn... $5k in summer tires? Do they at least smell like lavender and give you a handy when you want one?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
As you'll notice, I hate the stupid stickers, too. Even though I DID give it a bit of a second thought because the FX4 sticker is blacked out for the blackout package and looked KINDA cool. I still didn't want it mucking up the truck. The only badges I want on the truck are the manufacturer and the model.

Damn... $5k in summer tires? Do they at least smell like lavender and give you a handy when you want one?
I did notice, I think it looks much better without. Mine is a 20 & had the red FX4, but i would have peeled them if they were black too.

Ya $5K, I 'm in Canada baby, everything is more expensive. No lavender, no handies, but lots of stone chips ;)

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase

ICG69Bg.jpg

Looks pretty good, either way you could get the snowflake rated all/mud terrains and save yourself some of that 5 grand, and also if I had to guess you are a boomer as you reacted to the joke as one so I will say this as well great job keeping up with technology a lot of old folk arent good with the internet lol

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The Duratrac are M&S 3 peak rated, but the X-Ice are far superior in actual winter driving.

I am not a boomer.

Good call on the internet and not keeping up. You replied inside the quotes, and your remarks don't show in this reply, lol.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
The Duratrac are M&S 3 peak rated, but the X-Ice are far superior in actual winter driving.

I am not a boomer.

Good call on the internet and not keeping up. You replied inside the quotes, and your remarks don't show in this reply, lol.
Well I do what i can as an 85 year old, us old guys have to stick together lol

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well I do what i can as an 85 year old, us old guys have to stick together lol
Sweet Jebus 85!!! That's like 150! I feel like a child comparatively at only 51 (I always feel like a child, in reality). Do you miss seeing live dinosaurs?

I'm kidding of course. My (step)father is 83, he just came back from a week in the bush alone. Him, his canoe, and his pack, across 7 lakes & 8km portages for a total of 106km complete trip.

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Traded in my 2019 XLT for this 2022 Lariat FX4 with the blackout package

Further mods:
265/65/R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with black lugs
Tri-fold Tonneau
AVS Hood Bug Deflector
Tailgate Lettering
Front Grill Lettering
And of course... tailgate damper.

Mods on their way:
Smoked out fender signal markers
Smoked out side mirror signal markers

20220626_155641.jpg
20220626_155922.jpg
20220626_155722.jpg
Beautiful truck. Welcome to the wash it everyday black truck club. :rockon:

OP
OP
ArchitectThom

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Smoke those headlights out! Just my opinion, was super happy with how it made mine look. nice truck.
I'm not even sure how you do that, though. Or if it's even legal to do here in Arizona? Is that legal in Cali?

Do you have more pics of yours you can share? I'd love to see those.