I've traded up, boys!

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm not even sure how you do that, though. Or if it's even legal to do here in Arizona? Is that legal in Cali?

Do you have more pics of yours you can share? I'd love to see those.
Unfortunately I am not sure about the laws, I went with a light smoked color. Also went with the blacked out side marker. You basically apply them like a sticker, was pretty easy to so with a blow dryer.

20220629_181654.jpg

20220629_181448.jpg

20220629_181712.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ArchitectThom

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Unfortunately I am not sure about the laws, I went with a light smoked color. Also went with the blacked out side marker. You basically apply them like a sticker, was pretty easy to so with a blow dryer.

20220629_181654.jpg

20220629_181448.jpg

20220629_181712.jpg
Yeah, that does look a little better. I haven't seen that look on much out here in AZ because I do think doing anything to your headlights or tail lights is supposedly illegal.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It is an Fx4, but I removed the stickers because I'm not a labels kinda guy and not concerned with keeping up to the Jones' on appearance...
But Yo, tHe stiCkerRs SeParaTe ThE KruzErs fRom tHe LoOzerS ? :sunglasses:

When I had my Wrangler (mine was the Big Bear), you were almost looked down upon if you didn't have the Rubicon sticker on your hood, just because it's a Rubicon sticker.

I had a member on the Jeep forum fuss me out because I got the Warn Trail Equipment bag that ONLY comes with the Rubicon and demanded that I return it to the dealer. Surprise! It comes with the Big Bear too.

A friend of mine bought a Wrangler Rubicon.

I asked her how she liked the selectable lockers, the axle disconnect, and the 4:1 transfer case.

Blank stare. I may as well have asked for the periodic table number of horse sweat.

Me: Why did you buy the Rubicon if you weren't going to use the Rubicon features?

Her: Because it's a Rubicon.

Stickers = Cred, Yo.

They add horsepower too.

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yeah, that does look a little better. I haven't seen that look on much out here in AZ because I do think doing anything to your headlights or tail lights is supposedly illegal.
Yeah, its very subtle, easier to tell in person vs the image. Now I am looking up the law, it is not legal :facepalm:

OP
OP
ArchitectThom

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
But Yo, tHe stiCkerRs SeParaTe ThE KruzErs fRom tHe LoOzerS ? :sunglasses:

When I had my Wrangler (mine was the Big Bear), you were almost looked down upon if you didn't have the Rubicon sticker on your hood, just because it's a Rubicon sticker.

I had a member on the Jeep forum fuss me out because I got the Warn Trail Equipment bag that ONLY comes with the Rubicon and demanded that I return it to the dealer. Surprise! It comes with the Big Bear too.

A friend of mine bought a Wrangler Rubicon.

I asked her how she liked the selectable lockers, the axle disconnect, and the 4:1 transfer case.

Blank stare. I may as well have asked for the periodic table number of horse sweat.

Me: Why did you buy the Rubicon if you weren't going to use the Rubicon features?

Her: Because it's a Rubicon.

Stickers = Cred, Yo.

They add horsepower too.
The only person that would be even remotely actually concerned with the trim/equipment level that my truck came with is... me.

I'm pretty sure no one else in the entire world cares about what is really on/in my truck. It's nice to chat about. It's nice to run through once in a while. But no one cares. It's a truck. It's mine. I'm not gonna pretend anyone cares.

And a sticker is a sticker. They're ugly, as far as I'm concerned. If I was, by chance, gonna put ANY sticker on it, it would most likely be a "DID NOT VOTE FOR BIDEN" sticker.

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
I took everything the dealer would let me take. Even asked if I could keep my old tonneau cuz I didn't want to have to buy another. But no such luck.

I actually do still have the bed tie-downs in my garage cuz I had to take them off to put the bedrug in the bed of my 2019 and I didn't bring them with me to the dealership.

Soooo... if anyone needs some bed tie-downs... I have extra!
I will take the bed tie down. If you can’t PM me, see DonSmith.TV.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray

20220629_181654.jpg

20220629_181448.jpg

20220629_181712.jpg
do you have a side picture with AVS on? This is my color ranger and trying to get perspective.

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
do you have a side picture with AVS on? This is my color ranger and trying to get perspective.
The marker led starts at 1 led dot then expands full length. Then repeats. I get a lot of people asking me about it in person. Very bright when its dark which i like.

20220708_151805.jpg

OP
OP
ArchitectThom

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Hopefully these are what you wanted, if its something more specific lmk.
20220708_150733.jpg
20220708_150742.jpg
20220708_150750.jpg
20220708_150758.jpg
20220708_150810.jpg
20220708_150816.jpg
You should really get the smoked out turn signal indicators for your side mirrors. I see you got the smoked out fender signals already, but I got both for my black Ranger and they look so much better.

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
You should really get the smoked out turn signal indicators for your side mirrors. I see you got the smoked out fender signals already, but I got both for my black Ranger and they look so much better.
Noice! I didn't know they have those. You have a link to the ones you got?
Sponsored