Not open for further replies.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
So I’ve been around for a bit. Lifted the ranger with 5100’s with icons rebounds and toyo at3. But today I took my last drive.

My dealership bought my ranger for what I owed plus 1000. This will be the first time in 10 years with no auto payment.

loved the truck but a great time to get from under it. So good luck have fun still a great truck.
Sponsored

MoatCarp

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
Do what you gotta do! Carmax offered me about $5k more for my Civic Si than I paid for it new. That's how I ended up in the Ranger.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the Ranger being replaced with?

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been around for a bit. Lifted the ranger with 5100’s with icons rebounds and toyo at3. But today I took my last drive.

My dealership bought my ranger for what I owed plus 1000. This will be the first time in 10 years with no auto payment.

loved the truck but a great time to get from under it. So good luck have fun still a great truck.
You "only" got 1K more than you owe? (which I assume is some amount of $ less than you originally paid) Seems like you left $$ on the table.

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
what is the Ranger being replaced with?
Yeah that's the main thing, they're paying big for used trucks but you're also going to take a hit when you replace it. Unless you have multiple vehicles right now and just have no need for a truck, then by all means take that cash man, buy another truck once the market shifts again

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
You "only" got 1K more than you owe? (which I assume is some amount of $ less than you originally paid) Seems like you left $$ on the table.
see I look at my glass half full and 6-7 months ago my truck booked for less than 30k they paid almost 38k for it. So for someone like me that doesn’t feel like making payments on it my savings monthly are way better than sitting on it and hoping the market continues to go up. But no they didn’t pay more than what I paid and with how much I owed on it I definitely didn’t leave money on the table.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Yeah that's the main thing, they're paying big for used trucks but you're also going to take a hit when you replace it. Unless you have multiple vehicles right now and just have no need for a truck, then by all means take that cash man, buy another truck once the market shifts again
This is it I didn’t trade it in! I sold it to them. I have a work truck 19 F150 that I have no payment and don’t pay insurance on so I’m on my way out of debt by next year at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.