Sponsored

Ipod not able to 'Search"

veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
90
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
6,515
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
Ok, so I did the "reset media index"...now I can't search like I used to be able to :facepalm:

013caa56-8ae8-4f33-97bc-a8a27fa7e229.webp


I did discover though, that if you scroll down to "Explore Device" you can search from there. There's just no "play all" option like the normal search, you can only play individual albums. So, not being able to listen to everything I have for a certain artist at once is annoying, but at least when I pick Skid Row now I don't get Hoobastank :LOL:.

ea342f92-a274-4f1d-b101-f298de136bf5.webp

38c78b3e-9b74-4d43-9227-d425c4ecc994.webp
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

giovanni1

Active Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 1, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
30
Reaction score
23
Location
Ontario
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
Engineering
Just an update.... I could not get ipod(s) to search through the music Folders on the Sync. I put all of the music Folders onto a 128GB USB drive and now they are all accessible.

I guess the older Sync doesnt like the older Ipod Classics.
 

veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
90
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
6,515
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
Just an update.... I could not get ipod(s) to search through the music Folders on the Sync. I put all of the music Folders onto a 128GB USB drive and now they are all accessible.

I guess the older Sync doesnt like the older Ipod Classics.
I was actually debating if I should do this as well. So you're able to search for and play artist? Do you have a "play all" option to play everything from the artist? Does it show the album art?
 


Motorpsychology

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Threads
21
Messages
3,358
Reaction score
11,784
Location
Prescott, WI
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4 Carbonized grey; 2025 Mazda CX-90 Platinum Quartz
Occupation
Vagabond
It may be that older devices are not fully compatible with newer versions of sync firmware. Just a guess.

edit: @giovanni1 nailed it.
 

airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,657
Reaction score
8,923
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I still wonder if - connecting to Apple Music - and resync the media or rebuild the Itunes.db file would correct the issue on the classic.
 

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
4,770
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Ok, so I did the "reset media index"...now I can't search like I used to be able to :facepalm:

013caa56-8ae8-4f33-97bc-a8a27fa7e229.webp


I did discover though, that if you scroll down to "Explore Device" you can search from there. There's just no "play all" option like the normal search, you can only play individual albums. So, not being able to listen to everything I have for a certain artist at once is annoying, but at least when I pick Skid Row now I don't get Hoobastank :LOL:.

ea342f92-a274-4f1d-b101-f298de136bf5.webp

38c78b3e-9b74-4d43-9227-d425c4ecc994.webp
Cinderella got GodSmacked and ended up on Skid Row , and now her Hoobastanks ...
 

veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
90
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
6,515
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
 








Top