Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey everybody,

Mishimoto is excited to share that we've got ourselves a 2019 Ranger and we're really looking forward to start making great performance parts!

We thought it would be cool to take look at the legacy of the Ranger before we get started. If you'd like to learn more about where your Ranger came from, check out the post below, and feel free to let us know what parts you'd like to see from Mishimoto!

Return of the Ranger – 2019 Ford Ranger: Introduction
MG_9447.jpg

For the past 8 years, the US has watched in envy as the rest of the world enjoyed one of Ford’s most successful projects. The Ford Ranger has been absent from the US since 2011, despite enthusiasts calling for its return almost every year. But in 2017, Ford answered that call at the North American International Auto Show when they spoke the words every mid-size truck enthusiast had been waiting to hear, “The Ford Ranger will be returning to the North American mid-sized pickup market in 2019.”

The Ranger wasn’t always the poster child for American mid-size trucks. In fact, it didn’t even start as a truck; it almost didn’t make it to market at all. So, before we look at what the 2019 Ranger has to offer, let’s look back at how the Ranger was born.

MG_9333.jpg

The Ranger nameplate started as a much less successful project of Ford’s. In 1958, Ford expanded its family with the goal of competing with GM’s high-end vehicles. To fill the gaps in their vehicle lineup and move the Continental to the top slot, Ford began producing cars under the Edsel marque with the Ranger coupe, sedan, and convertible as its base models. Despite an aggressive, year-long marketing campaign and state-of-the-art features, the Edsel brand was a flop and died in 1960. But, just like that awesome band name you’ve been holding on to for the day you grow your hair out and hit the road, the Ranger name would live on in Ford’s back pocket until economic turmoil would bring it back into the spotlight.

...Continue Reading>>>
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Hey everybody,

Mishimoto is excited to share that we've got ourselves a 2019 Ranger and we're really looking forward to start making great performance parts!

We thought it would be cool to take look at the legacy of the Ranger before we get started. If you'd like to learn more about where your Ranger came from, check out the post below, and feel free to let us know what parts you'd like to see from Mishimoto!

Return of the Ranger – 2019 Ford Ranger: Introduction
MG_9447.jpg

For the past 8 years, the US has watched in envy as the rest of the world enjoyed one of Ford’s most successful projects. The Ford Ranger has been absent from the US since 2011, despite enthusiasts calling for its return almost every year. But in 2017, Ford answered that call at the North American International Auto Show when they spoke the words every mid-size truck enthusiast had been waiting to hear, “The Ford Ranger will be returning to the North American mid-sized pickup market in 2019.”

The Ranger wasn’t always the poster child for American mid-size trucks. In fact, it didn’t even start as a truck; it almost didn’t make it to market at all. So, before we look at what the 2019 Ranger has to offer, let’s look back at how the Ranger was born.

MG_9333.jpg

The Ranger nameplate started as a much less successful project of Ford’s. In 1958, Ford expanded its family with the goal of competing with GM’s high-end vehicles. To fill the gaps in their vehicle lineup and move the Continental to the top slot, Ford began producing cars under the Edsel marque with the Ranger coupe, sedan, and convertible as its base models. Despite an aggressive, year-long marketing campaign and state-of-the-art features, the Edsel brand was a flop and died in 1960. But, just like that awesome band name you’ve been holding on to for the day you grow your hair out and hit the road, the Ranger name would live on in Ford’s back pocket until economic turmoil would bring it back into the spotlight.

...Continue Reading>>>
I attempted to place on order online for a MMBCC-RGR-19PBE 2019 Ranger oil catch can and was presented with a shipping charge of $53.76 via UPS Ground service. The intended shipping address is 96816, Honolulu, HI, the item's cost is $185.95
Your website clearly states "Free Shipping on Orders of $100 or More", upon speaking with customer service I discovered that the free shipping offer is not valid for Hawaii residents. I then queried the representative about this fact being in writing at your website, his response was that such a statement does not exist.
This is false advertising at best and gives new meaning to the word "misleading".
I'll take my business to another vendor with honest sales tactics, sir.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
@Mokume

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry for the frustration you've experienced from this. The exceptions to the free shipping should be more clear on our website and I have asked our IT department to update the header text to reflect that.

If you'd like, I can talk to our customer service team and see if there's a more affordable shipping option for you.

Apologies again,
-Steve

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Mokume

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry for the frustration you've experienced from this. The exceptions to the free shipping should be more clear on our website and I have asked our IT department to update the header text to reflect that.

If you'd like, I can talk to our customer service team and see if there's a more affordable shipping option for you.

Apologies again,
-Steve
@Mokume

Hi Jeff,

Apologies again,
-Steve
Steve,
Yes please do so, to charge $53.76 to ship an item that barely weighs 2 pounds total via UPS Ground is absurd.
The item will probably fit in a USPS large or medium flat rate box, ship for a much more palatable fee not to mention that I'd receive it in a weeks time.
Jeff Lee

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Steve,
Yes please do so, to charge $53.76 to ship an item that barely weighs 2 pounds total via UPS Ground is absurd.
The item will probably fit in a USPS large or medium flat rate box, ship for a much more palatable fee not to mention that I'd receive it in a weeks time.
Jeff Lee
Hi Jeff,

Our negotiated contract with UPS is for ground shipping, and what you were quoted is what they charge us to ship to you, we do not make profit on shipping - this kit is actually about 7 lbs. Please PM me your address so I can pass it on to customer service and see what other options we have.

Thanks,
-Steve

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@Mokume How does “ground” shipping generally translate to getting to the islands? Since it has to either travel via ship or air doesn’t that always negate free “ground” shipping? Or do some companies just eat the cost? I know things were outrageously expensive when my wife and I went to Maui back in ‘08, but fuel on the mainland was also $4.25+ a gallon at the time so I wasn’t sure how much that was effecting the cost of goods on the islands

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Mokume How does “ground” shipping generally translate to getting to the islands? Since it has to either travel via ship or air doesn’t that always negate free “ground” shipping? Or do some companies just eat the cost? I know things were outrageously expensive when my wife and I went to Maui back in ‘08, but fuel on the mainland was also $4.25+ a gallon at the time so I wasn’t sure how much that was effecting the cost of goods on the islands
I've idea how Mishimoto's website offers UPS Ground shipping to Hawaii as an shipping option, you'd have to ask them.
I must agree with you however that the notion of "ground" shipping via any carrier to a destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean gives new meaning to the word "ridiculous". Furthermore the cost of this service is $53.76, it is not free.
My issue with Mishimoto's website is that it states "Free Shipping on Orders of $100 or More", there is absolutely no disclaimer on their site which states that this free shipping does not apply to Hawaii. I encourage you to do the same if you are so inclined.
I found out about their shipping charge during the checkout process, the UPS Ground method is the "cheapest" offered.
Yes, prices in Hawaii are very high, try Googling the price of a new home on Oahu. Would you beleive the yearly vehicle registration fee for my beater '02 Honda CR-V is $360?
Mind you I am not grumbling about the cost of living here, it's been my home for the past 64 years.
What I am upset about is when vendors do not specifically spell out their shipping restrictions on their site.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of places will specify free shipping to lower 48 or something along that line, I was just curious how many vendors of anything offer free or discounted shipping to you guys. Just something I’ve not had to pay attention to living in Ohio

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Indeed most vendors will include a disclaimer or plainly state at their site that the free shipping offer applies only to the continental US.
Mishimoto's site, however states nothing to that effect, even in the 'fine print'.
It was only after going through the checkout process when I discovered that shipping to Hawaii is not free at all. Quite possibly this restriction also applies to Alaska
I encourage you to peruse their site and to locate any such information if you are so inclined.
The "free shipping"offer really caught my eye, trust me.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Our free shipping does only apply to the lower 48 states - I have asked our website team to update the text to make that more clear.

I apologize again for the confusion,

-Steve

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
This is a random question but what size tires did you guys end up putting on the Ranger (the one pictured in the CAI site)? Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This is a random question but what size tires did you guys end up putting on the Ranger (the one pictured in the CAI site)? Thanks for the info.
Always open to random questions, haha. They are 33 in Dick Cepek Trail Country tires.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions,

Thanks!
-Steve

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Always open to random questions, haha. They are 33 in Dick Cepek Trail Country tires.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions,

Thanks!
-Steve

Haha thanks Steve! Just ordered the cold air intake and just patiently waiting on that intercooler lol. Thank you and have a good day.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Haha thanks Steve! Just ordered the cold air intake and just patiently waiting on that intercooler lol. Thank you and have a good day.
No problem! Thank you for your order! We should have more info out on the intercooler later in the summer.

Thanks again,
-Steve

Weedo

First Name
Weedo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
hey Mishimoto, do you sell extra o-rings for the 2019+ Ranger catch can? I just got my kit installed the other day and it’s all good but I would like to have an extra o-ring or two on hand just in case.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.