OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
...knowing the brand I can't imagine how much even the base model will cost.

Edit: Jesus Christ, looks like base price is $74,000!

Who the hell can that possibly market to other than a niche elite?

Half that price can get you a fully loaded ultra luxury off road camper. Yikes.

I'm letting it sink in that you can buy a 2024 Ranger Raptor for less money even if the dealer slaps an ADM on it.

features_open_878x640.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Idiot BROverlanders will have zero problem getting a 20 year loan for one of those.

It's wild how long of terms places will give out for a camper that's just gonna be all soggy and falling apart after 7-8 years.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Idiot BROverlanders will have zero problem getting a 20 year loan for one of those.

It's wild how long of terms places will give out for a camper that's just gonna be all soggy and falling apart after 7-8 years.
Well in ARB's defense, I don't think this thing will break down as quickly as other standard pull behind campers. The material and design choices seem very solid.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Well in ARB's defense, I don't think this thing will break down as quickly as other standard pull behind campers. The material and design choices seem very solid.

I'd hope not! Lol. I'm way too poor for any of that anyways 2 decade loan or not... gonna build myself a harbor freight squaredrop asap hopefully.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'd hope not! Lol. I'm way too poor for any of that anyways 2 decade loan or not... gonna build myself a harbor freight squaredrop asap hopefully.
I am planning to build mine own as well, but I am going to spend a few extra dollars and use a local welder to do my frame because my design is going to be a bit different than most of the standard 5x8 DIY designs that are prevalent.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I am planning to build mine own as well, but I am going to spend a few extra dollars and use a local welder to do my frame because my design is going to be a bit different than most of the standard 5x8 DIY designs that are prevalent.

I'm surprised you don't have a welder!

My plan is to buy the box-stock 4x8 and widen it so a full size mattress just squeezes between the walls once it's interior is finished. It won't have the flip up kitchen that most of them have in the rear.. I want all the Interior space I can get lol.

Should have about 20" of floor space in front of the bed (tri fold mattress) when it's folded out. Not much... but enough for footwear/cooler/dog/whatever.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator

My plan is to buy the box-stock 4x8 and widen it so a full size mattress just squeezes between the walls once it's interior is finished. It won't have the flip up kitchen that most of them have in the rear.. I want all the Interior space I can get lol.

Should have about 20" of floor space in front of the bed (tri fold mattress) when it's folded out. Not much... but enough for footwear/cooler/dog/whatever.
Be careful because the axle under the harbor freight one I bought was total junk rated for 45 mph with stamped / welded steel hubs. For off road it would pay to spend a little more for a better foundation.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

It is on my list to learn to do, but I'd rather not have a trailer frame be my starting point.

Mine is going to be built in two sections, I plan to do full pull out trays all the way around along the bottom, then the sleeping compartment on top of that subframe. I'm not planning to do the traditional rear storage area either because I want extra space to put a small bathroom (cassette tiolet) on the inside. I am also going to do higher ceilings than normal. Mine will kind of be a mix between a squaredrop and a micro camper.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I had the same reaction to a small "overland" camper called Taxa or something. I was thinking 15k or so . nope way more lol. The small camper crazed mixed with all the off grid travel youtube hype has made the cost of small campers go crazy.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Keep in mind that you can go to Patriot Campers and get similar(if not better) for a.lower price and still made in Australia.