First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I searched, but didn't see anything about the fitment of the Husky wheel well liners. Has anyone installed them on their Ranger? I bought a set of Husky's for my F-150, and they fit great. They do the job, and keep the crap from making it's way up into the bed area.
Sponsored

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Is this product primarily for places with salt on the road?

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Is this product primarily for places with salt on the road?
@Aragorn Back in the day all manufacturers put rear wheel well liners in their trucks. But now, leaving them out is just another way for them to make money. They keep mud, dirt, and all kinds of crap your rear tires throw up out of the underside of the bed area. Plus I think they make the area around the rear tires look a lot cleaner as you can't see the chassis, and framework with them installed. As I said they worked, and fit great on my F-150. I suspect the Husky's for the Ranger are of the same quality, but I was wondering if they fit as good as my old ones.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
@Aragorn Back in the day all manufacturers put rear wheel well liners in their trucks. But now, leaving them out is just another way for them to make money. They keep mud, dirt, and all kinds of crap your rear tires throw up out of the underside of the bed area. Plus I think they make the area around the rear tires look a lot cleaner as you can't see the chassis, and framework with them installed. As I said they worked, and fit great on my F-150. I suspect the Husky's for the Ranger are of the same quality, but I was wondering if they fit as good as my old ones.
just on their website I do not think they make them for the ranger if they did I would order a set today

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Doesn’t the Ranger have a wheel well liner from the factory?

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
just on their website I do not think they make them for the ranger if they did I would order a set today

You're correct Rick. I took that shot in the dark. I took it for granted that since the trucks have been out for a couple years that Husky would have them ready, but dang it they don't. In fact I can't find any anywhere. Crap......

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Adam, maybe in the higher trims, but I don't think Ford puts them in the lowly XL trim level I ordered. :)

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Yes, but it stops at the top of the frame rail, where some aftermarket products may extend downward to cover the frame. It’s a double-edged sword. It looks nicer covered-up, but is impossible to clean behind. In salt country, I think they are utterly worthless. I want to see clean when I go to the car wash. Rusting frames can badly damage a chassis in five years here, and total the vehicle in ten. Undercoat and wash frequently, and 20 years is realistic.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Adam, maybe in the higher trims, but I don't think Ford puts them in the lowly XL trim level I ordered. :)
I never thought of that, could be something else they cut to save money. I wonder what the Ford ones cost If they are in there. I’ll have to take a look at my truck but I think they’re there,

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Yes, but it stops at the top of the frame rail, where some aftermarket products may extend downward to cover the frame. It’s a double-edged sword. It looks nicer covered-up, but is impossible to clean behind. In salt country, I think they are utterly worthless. I want to see clean when I go to the car wash. Rusting frames can badly damage a chassis in five years here, and total the vehicle in ten. Undercoat and wash frequently, and 20 years is realistic.
Yes it is a double-edge sword it would be nice to have protection come down a little farther on the frame but I see your point that would trap salt dirt in between the frame and the Llner so I guess the best thing to do is pressure wash your frame clean your frame often

Last edited:

Roy Johnson

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Chili Pepper Red
Occupation
Chef
Ok guys. My xlt has wheel well liners. I think they are standard on all 5g models. My 2014 six sport f 150 had nothing between the inner of the bed and the tire. When I installed the aftermarket it definitely helped with sound deadening stones and debris. They fit extremely snug with tabs inserted into the frame . The only way to get those back out was to cut them out. They did not cover any more or less than the stock on our rangers

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO

Roy Johnson

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Chili Pepper Red
Occupation
Chef
Why would they when our machines all ready have them.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Why would they when our machines all ready have them.
I'm talking about the full coverage liners my friend. As I understand it's just a partial piece of plastic back there.

Last edited: