How long to install catback single exit exhaust?

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
Just trying to figure out what I should be paying to install a single exit cat-back exhaust. 1 hour labor time?
Put deposit down on truck over the phone and finally going to sign paperwork Friday am and then let the fun begin!
Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I’m willing to bet most shop will charge you 3Hrs

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport • 2015 Audi S3 • 2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR • 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR
Occupation
Learning Technology Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that most shops will bill for 2-3 hours of labor. To give you an idea if you decide to do it yourself, I was able to install mine solo in roughly an hour, and that was taking my time.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Just wondering, but why not install yourself? There’s not much to it and you’d have the satisfaction of not having to pay someone else!

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just would be nice on a lift, inside with air tools. I don’t always have access to that.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Just would be nice on a lift, inside with air tools. I don’t always have access to that.
It took me a couple of hours to install my cat back but it would've been quicker the second time due to sorting out what/where/how...and honestly you don't need a lift...I put down a moving rug and crawled under...plenty of room...no need for air tool since there's no rust....nice easy work in the shade under your truck:)

OP
OP
DRVN1

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tax CPA
I agree that most shops will bill for 2-3 hours of labor. To give you an idea if you decide to do it yourself, I was able to install mine solo in roughly an hour, and that was taking my time.
Did you have a lift? I don't have a lift and one time installed a cat-back on a car with no lift and I said never again. But I guess the truck does sit higher so maybe it could be done with no lift.

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport • 2015 Audi S3 • 2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR • 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have a lift? I don't have a lift and one time installed a cat-back on a car with no lift and I said never again. But I guess the truck does sit higher so maybe it could be done with no lift.
I actually have a pair of Rhino Ramps which makes for plenty of room underneath. They cost roughly $50 and are rated for 12,000lbs. Just place them under the passenger-side wheels and drive on up. I also used a pair of jack stands as a second set of hands to keep the exhaust in place while removing and positioning.

This is a pretty good install video that covers the whole process:

Last edited:
OP
OP
DRVN1

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tax CPA
I actually have a pair of Rhino Ramps which makes for plenty of room underneath. They cost roughly $50 and are rated for 12,000lbs. Just place them under the passenger-side wheels and drive on up. I also used a pair of jack stands as a second set of hands to keep the exhaust in place while removing and positioning.

This is a pretty good install video that covers the whole process:
Thanks, I will look up the rhino ramps. I am in Lakeland so we can't be that far away. I had a EVO8 back 05 and is the one of the cars I wish I never sold.

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I will look up the rhino ramps. I am in Lakeland so we can't be that far away. I had a EVO8 back 05 and is the one of the cars I wish I never sold.
I'm with you on that; I still miss mine to this day. Best car I ever owned. We're definitely neighbors, I live right up 27 in Clermont.

Last edited:

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M

+1 on the Rhino Ramps. I have a set that I have been using for years for doing fluid changes on my two Lotus cars. They are also rated high enough to work on the Ranger if i need them for anything with the truck. They come in super handy and are a low cost option when you just need to raise the car/truck a foot off the ground and can be easily packed away.

Evo's....man I love those cars. never got one myself but have always been a fan. I was an old "DSM'er" myself. Before the Evo was released stateside, I had a GST with the 4G63 motor and a FP Big T28 w/ supporting mods. Sold it to a guy from Vancouver, B.C. that raced it back in 2002. Never did get my hands on the Evo tho....missed opportunity!

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the Rhino Ramps. I have a set that I have been using for years for doing fluid changes on my two Lotus cars. They are also rated high enough to work on the Ranger if i need them for anything with the truck. They come in super handy and are a low cost option when you just need to raise the car/truck a foot off the ground and can be easily packed away.

Evo's....man I love those cars. never got one myself but have always been a fan. I was an old "DSM'er" myself. Before the Evo was released stateside, I had a GST with the 4G63 motor and a FP Big T28 w/ supporting mods. Sold it to a guy from Vancouver, B.C. that raced it back in 2002. Never did get my hands on the Evo tho....missed opportunity!
I always loved those 4G63 DSM’s. There was always a strong showing of them at the Evo meets I went to back home in Seattle.

OP
OP
DRVN1

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tax CPA
Still have not brought truck home, hopefully bringing it home Friday. The holidays have delayed everything. Ordered the magnaflow exhaust with black single exhaust so goal would be to install it within a week of bringing truck home. It should go well with the blackout theme I got going on.

5873C7B6-A673-4074-9AE1-6495A512E97B.png

Magnaflow

First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for choosing Magnaflow for your truck, DRVN! We would love to hear what you think about it once you take ownership of the truck and get everything installed. Our kit is very simple to install yourself at home with basic hand tools. You should be able to get it wrapped up in under 2 hours taking your time. :rockon:

Let us know if you happen to have any questions that we can answer!
Sponsored