Help me spend money!

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
Oh yeah! Add that to the list too! I was planning on throwing one in anyways, thank you for reminding me lol
You're welcome. I think the filter plus your list is similar to "13 second Ranger's" setup and he's beating Vettes. Lol. Hopefully he will pitch in with some insight. My wish list is similar to your's. :rockon:

Looking forward to seeing how it works out for you! Good luck. :sunglasses:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 Shadow Black
Occupation
Head of Engineering - Cook Spring Company
Vehicle Showcase
If I can remember to do it, I'll try and document a build log as I receive parts. I tend to try and take a shitload of pictures during teardowns, installs, and whatnot anyways, so I'll keep that in mind while installing or removing parts.

While I'm on the subject of removing parts, I think the Raptor grille really adds to the overall look of the front end, I'm trying my hardest to stick to the tried and true formula of "All go, no show," lol. But I've been trying to convince myself that the Raptor grille will allow more air to the intercooler so that I can justify spending $200 bucks on a purely cosmetic upgrade I'm damn tempted but honestly, I could put that money elsewhere I'm sure and try to keep with the stock/sleeper vibe haha.

Nothing better than pulling up next to a douche-canoe in his daddy's sports car and blowing his doors off with a 4 banger truck! I'm in it for the smiles per gallon at the end of the day

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
If I can remember to do it, I'll try and document a build log as I receive parts. I tend to try and take a shitload of pictures during teardowns, installs, and whatnot anyways, so I'll keep that in mind while installing or removing parts.

While I'm on the subject of removing parts, I think the Raptor grille really adds to the overall look of the front end, I'm trying my hardest to stick to the tried and true formula of "All go, no show," lol. But I've been trying to convince myself that the Raptor grille will allow more air to the intercooler so that I can justify spending $200 bucks on a purely cosmetic upgrade I'm damn tempted but honestly, I could put that money elsewhere I'm sure and try to keep with the stock/sleeper vibe haha.

Nothing better than pulling up next to a douche-canoe in his daddy's sports car and blowing his doors off with a 4 banger truck! I'm in it for the smiles per gallon at the end of the day
You should definitely do a build log once you start. Im always interested to see how people modify their trucks, especially if its performance modifications. Im a sucker for a good dyno chart as well!

If you like the Raptor grill then I see no harm in getting it. That said if the goal is performance, then maybe save the money towards the next upgrade?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Obviously the Raptor grille must weigh less, so it can be counted as a performance modification :D

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's it! Weight reduction! Haha.

Alright guys, just ordered everything today!! I got the SCT BDX RevX programmer with 2 custom tunes from Torrie over at Unleashed, thanks @Doc, Torrie was nearly instant at responding to my questions, and trust me, I had a lot of them! I also ordered the aFe hot and cold side pipes, the aFe catless downpipe, and last but not least, a K&N drop in filter from Panda Motorworks. Big shout-out to Troy over there at Panda, gave me a wicked good deal!! (Can't figure out how to tag him in this post so if someone else could, I'd appreciate it!) Not a bad way to spend $1,200 bucks amirite? Ideally I'd like to be hitting somewhere north of 320HP and 420TQ between the mods and tune. I've got a friend of mine locally that's got a Dyno, so hopefully I'll have some real numbers to give you all. In the meantime, when everything comes in, I'll start a build post and link it here to this post for anyone that's interested in following up. Now on to the hardest part, waiting for shipping!! Stay tuned guys! Pun intended of course

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, that's it! Weight reduction! Haha.

Alright guys, just ordered everything today!! I got the SCT BDX RevX programmer with 2 custom tunes from Torrie over at Unleashed, thanks @Doc, Torrie was nearly instant at responding to my questions, and trust me, I had a lot of them! I also ordered the aFe hot and cold side pipes, the aFe catless downpipe, and last but not least, a K&N drop in filter from Panda Motorworks. Big shout-out to Troy over there at Panda, gave me a wicked good deal!! (Can't figure out how to tag him in this post so if someone else could, I'd appreciate it!) Not a bad way to spend $1,200 bucks amirite? Ideally I'd like to be hitting somewhere north of 320HP and 420TQ between the mods and tune. I've got a friend of mine locally that's got a Dyno, so hopefully I'll have some real numbers to give you all. In the meantime, when everything comes in, I'll start a build post and link it here to this post for anyone that's interested in following up. Now on to the hardest part, waiting for shipping!! Stay tuned guys! Pun intended of course
Good Job!
Regards

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
It's such a sexy grille though.....
20200110_164458.jpg
20200111_070540.jpg

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's such a sexy grille though.....

Damn you!! I know it is, it really is! Nice looking truck man.

By the way guys, I started a build thread now that everything has been officially ordered. No longer a pipe dream, time to make the magic happen!
Sponsored