• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

California Help me out here 275 ?? Or 265

Octaneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
So i’m thinking of adding bigger tires cause i have a 2.5 lift on it already
So what i want to do is added bigger tires but i just feel like 265/70/17 is way to small(in my opinion) & i know 285/70/17 you need to cut but if i go 275/70/17 would it just make it no rubbing ?
Sponsored

MiniRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX
So what i want to do is added bigger tires but i just feel like 265/70/17 is way to small(in my opinion) & i know 285/70/17 you need to cut but if i go 275/70/17 would it just make it no rubbing ?

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
20200103_160759.jpg

2wd, 275/70/17 - 3" level, no rubbing or cutting.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Guys, he has a 2.5” lift. Posting what a 3” lift will handle doesnt really help.

A 2.5” lift will handle 275/70R17 without any trimming IF they are BFG KO2’s. I have not seen another brand in that size that will fit without any modding. The KO2’s run slightly amall which is why they fit.

I have the same lift with those tires on mine and did no extra modifications

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I have 275's, 2.5 RC level, 18 offset wheels. Grabber atx tires. I get a touch of rub, in reverse, full lock. I've just been too lazy to try to adjust the crash bars, or remove them. No issue going forward, just reverse.

Brix

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I have 275's, 2.5 RC level, 18 offset wheels. Grabber atx tires. I get a touch of rub, in reverse, full lock. I've just been too lazy to try to adjust the crash bars, or remove them. No issue going forward, just reverse.
This is exactly what I want to run with my stock 18" machined wheels but maybe go with BFG KO2's. Have you been off-road with this set up?

JoBo

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Everything depends on your personal preference but IF you wanna go bigger tires, I strongly recommend that you either upgrade your wheels or use adapters. IMO you will want to reduce by at least 1.25" (~30mm) from the factory offset. The OEM Ranger wheels have a factory offset of +55. So I'm recommending you get to a +25 offset wheel or a 1.25" adapter/spacer. That will offer 5.75" of back spacing... plenty of room for 275/70r17. With factory wheels and tires you can't even fit a finger tip between the tire and knuckle... it will be extremely tight with 275/70r17.

I went with BFG TA KO2s and Icon Compression 25mm offset 17 x 8.5 wheels... Take a look and decide for yourself.

NOTE: I did have to do some minimal trimming on the driverside crash bar... other than that no issues.

20200706_173200.jpg

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
This is exactly what I want to run with my stock 18" machined wheels but maybe go with BFG KO2's. Have you been off-road with this set up?
Not extreme off roading by any means. Although, I think it would handle some pretty nasty terrain. I've really only been on a couple gravel woods roads. I will say my grabbers throw stones terrible. They get lodged in the tires then fling out at speed on the highway. I've got nerf steps and factory mud guards and have already seen a couple chips on the door rockers. Think I might touch up the spots and wrap the bottoms in film for safety. Bigger offsets do look cool, but they come with headaches too ha.

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Everything depends on your personal preference but IF you wanna go bigger tires, I strongly recommend that you either upgrade your wheels or use adapters. IMO you will want to reduce by at least 1.25" (~30mm) from the factory offset. The OEM Ranger wheels have a factory offset of +55. So I'm recommending you get to a +25 offset wheel or a 1.25" adapter/spacer. That will offer 5.75" of back spacing... plenty of room for 275/70r17. With factory wheels and tires you can't even fit a finger tip between the tire and knuckle... it will be extremely tight with 275/70r17.

I went with BFG TA KO2s and Icon Compression 25mm offset 17 x 8.5 wheels... Take a look and decide for yourself.

NOTE: I did have to do some minimal trimming on the driverside crash bar... other than that no issues.

20200706_173200.jpg
I've been thinking about getting those wheels. I have same tires. When you said drivers side crash bar, was that front or rear, just curious because of mud flaps? Would after market crash bars take care of the problem as well? The wheels look great by the way.

RangerPhx

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor 4X4
20200103_160759.jpg

2wd, 275/70/17 - 3" level, no rubbing or cutting.
Your truck looks perfect! Nice work man!
Did you have to use spacers to keep the tires from hitting the knuckle? I’m thinking of going the same route. with the stock 255 Hankooks there’s only a pinky fingers width space. I’m wanting to go with the 265/70/17 same BFG tire as you went with.

Last edited: