Has anyone ever heard this weird 3 laser sounding beeps at start up?

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
What makes you say that?
I remember a similar post talking about the same thing. If my memory serves me correctly, its the fuel pump charging but it's not as loud as some in this post is describing.

I could be wrong, just ask my wife. lol

EDIT: I didn't see the sound clip link until just now. It's absolutely NOT the fuel pump (sorry, I missed the clip)

DAMN!!! I'M WRONG AGAIN!!! There'll be no living with her now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Overland395

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
I remember a similar post talking about the same thing. If my memory serves me correctly, its the fuel pump charging but it's not as loud as some in this post is describing.

I could be wrong, just ask my wife. lol

EDIT: I didn't see the sound clip until just now. It's absolutely NOT the fuel pump (sorry, I missed the clip)

DAMN!!! I'M WRONG AGAIN!!! There'll be no living with her now.
LOL, thank you Jim, Had me worried for a min because I was reading another post in this forum about fuel in the oil, which naturally I checked the dip stick and it smelled like fuel. So when you posted that I almost wondered. The noise is actually coming from the instrument panel but can't figure out what the heck it is and it's racking my brain. Maybe the dealer will have insight but I doubt it. Just an annoying sound at start up.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
You have kids? That sounds exactly like a siren on my grandson's toy ambulance. Maybe a toy jammed up somewhere in your truck?

OP
OP
Overland395

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
You have kids? That sounds exactly like a siren on my grandson's toy ambulance. Maybe a toy jammed up somewhere in your truck?
Funny, no kids, no toys, no anything in the truck yet and it does it only turning over the ignition.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I did a little Google investigation based on what has been posted here. It took some messing around with different keywords to find something the same. Things like "Ford Ranger makes laser sound" and "Ford Ranger goes pew pew pew" didn't come up with anything helpful. :p

Anyway, I found someone with a 2016 F150 that did the same thing. They posted a link with a video with the exact same sound.

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/2016-f-150-weird-alarm-beeping-sound-when-start-truck-360352/

The link with the video is in the 2nd post.

Here is what they figured out 5 posts down:

it turned out to be a 3rd party alarm the dealership had installed that uses GPS to track truck. I guess choose not to activate at signing. They are then supposed to de-activate of which they did not. The noise i heard was the alarm sending an audible noise to make you aware that it was not either active or been de activated. I called sales guy and the sent a signal to it to turn off and it was fixed.
I hope my post helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Overland395

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
I did a little Google investigation based on what has been posted here. It took some messing around with different keywords to find something the same. Things like "Ford Ranger makes laser sound" and "Ford Ranger goes pew pew pew" didn't come up with anything helpful. :p

Anyway, I found someone with a 2016 F150 that did the same thing. They posted a link with a video with the exact same sound.

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/2016-f-150-weird-alarm-beeping-sound-when-start-truck-360352/

The link with the video is in the 2nd post.

Anyway here is what they figured out 5 posts down:

Anyway, hope my post helps.
That is it Augie, same sound also. I thought the same thing that it could not be an alarm because it was not audible outside and only had 3 electronic sounds coming from inside the cab. I let the dealer know. Thank you

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
That is it Augie, same sound also. I thought the same thing that it could not be an alarm because it was not audible outside and only had 3 electronic sounds coming from inside the cab. I let the dealer know. Thank you
Overland, make sure they didnt hack up your wiring on the tracker/alarm as others have reported dealers doing. Bret

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I am pretty sure is is an add on alarm by the dealer.

OP
OP
Overland395

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
Thank you everyone for your help! And for those who thought I was a prankster ?! J/K

Found out it was the LoJack system they installed and Augie was correct, it was neither active or deactivated. They sent the signal over to disable it. The dealership was kind enough to send me the info of the people who installed it incase I wanted it removed.

Last edited:

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Glad I could be of help. I just noticed my overuse of the word "anyway" in my earlier post, haha. I was in a bit of a hurry when I typed it because I found the answer just as I needed to leave the house. :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you everyone for your help! And for those who thought I was a prankster ?! J/K

Found out it was the LoJack system they installed and Augie was correct, it was neither active or deactivated. They sent the signal over to disable it. The dealership was kind enough to send me the info of the people who installed it incase I wanted it removed.
Hi OL395,

I bought a new Lincoln Nautilus that was at Team Ford in Las Vegas. The owner raced for me in offroad racing, so called up and freed up this vehicle for my wife to replace our 2016. Turns out it had LoJack on board. I called LoJack to ask then were it was and they would not tell me. So I decided to see if I could find it and so far have been unsuccessful...When I find the module, I will yank it out of the vehicle. Not a service I wish to use, but it was enabled for the next three years so will find the module and then tag it for removal.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Overland395

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
Hi OL395,

I bought a new Lincoln Nautilus that was at Team Ford in Las Vegas. The owner raced for me in offroad racing, so called up and freed up this vehicle for my wife to replace our 2016. Turns out it had LoJack on board. I called LoJack to ask then were it was and they would not tell me. So I decided to see if I could find it and so far have been unsuccessful...When I find the module, I will yank it out of the vehicle. Not a service I wish to use, but it was enabled for the next three years so will find the module and then tag it for removal.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

Not a service I wish to have either and would prefer to remove it. Thank you for the info.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Hi OL395,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Let me get this straight. It's your vehicle. You own it and it has aftermarket equipment you don't want in it and the vendor will not tell you where it is to remove it. That's a crock o'poo. Someone on here has to know where it's located. I can see where the vendor does not want the super secret location of it's product to become common knowledge so it won't be easily defeated, but they should at least offer to remove it and not just discontinue service.

Last edited:

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Tailgate missing damper alarm...
You tailgate damper guys missed this one.:)
Sponsored