First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
ALL the mass shooters have been on SSRIs or related antidepressants. Ever wonder how it's odd pills that are supposed to make you happy come with warning that they might make you kill yourself or have violent thoughts? It's because they alter behavior and lower inhibitions, so someone on them could do something they never would have otherwise. And this issue will never be addressed because the pharma industry is huge and lucrative.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything. But look at what this Uvalde shooter had on him. An 18 year old kid that worked part time at Wendy's and had no credit and didn't even have his own vehicle. At the time of the incident this kid had over $12k worth of guns/ammo/equipment on him. How did he get all that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Metal Geezer

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
….you would have thought I was armed to the teeth and plotting to over through the country…..
Once bitten…… :LOL:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything. But look at what this Uvalde shooter had on him. An 18 year old kid that worked part time at Wendy's and had no credit and didn't even have his own vehicle. At the time of the incident this kid had over $12k worth of guns/ammo/equipment on him. How did he get all that?
When I was 18, I had a .22 rifle and a beater car...........

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you, 50% VA for a bad back from having the UH1C I was crewing in Viet-Nam take a B40 in the tail rotor. Got better for years then as I go older started keeping me awake nights. Thank you for your service.
Thanks for you both, for you all service. I only spent 4 years in Marine Corps, I was in desert storm back in the days and spent a year tour in Okinawa. I was deployed in Thailand for 2.5 months, twice in Korea, and Philippines (Subic Bay, Olongapo) and Hong Kong when it was under British.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
This ain't reddit you can simply put my comment into a search engine and get sources.
That was NOT my comment, why did you change the quote to make it look confrontational??

OP
OP
Metal Geezer

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Things are different now up here in the GWN.
Post pics of, and chat about, what’s left of your legally obtained guns!!

I’ll start:
24021DFA-5258-426D-A4D6-1F15FDFC89C2.png
Great…..my phones full of Toys R Us ads now…..:crazy:

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
when 13-17% of Americans are on antidepressants, the connection to school shootings doesnt add up though. if there was a connection, there should be a more pronounced link.
That only makes it more pronounced when that 13-17% are over represented in mass shootings. I had a list of every shooter saved somewhere...there was this list years ago and it's out of date.

AZ asked what has changed and this is it. SSRIs came to prominence in the 80s and have been heavily lobbied and pushed by doctors, especially on young kids. It says right in the warnings can cause violent thoughts and behaviors yet saying this is the case only gets pushback.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
do we know if the shooters were actively taking the drugs?
prescriptions are one thing, but coming off of them is a whole different scenario.

My ex wife was great on her depression meds but when she came off of them or had the dose adjusted...oh boy.

I don't know what doctors are like in the states when it comes to prescribing meds.
Up here, its hit and miss.
Some doctors freely dole out the pills, try this...or this...take this much, or that much. Some of them have no clue how to deal with mental issues. Yet others do and their patients are fine.
In the big picture, is it the shooters fault solely? or the medical professionals who are caring (or not caring) for them?
My general practitioner back in NJ offered me Zoloft cause I was complaining about my job stressing me out during a routine checkup. I couldn't believe it! No shrink or anything needed. And this was some 8 years ago now since covid they do telemedicine so you don't even have to go in. They gave my aunt that Chantix drug and she said she felt like she was going insane on it. Pretty disturbing turn of events for something that's supposed to help you quit smoking.

As far as the shooters I do remember reading that a bunch of them recently stopped the meds before rampaging. Have heard some horror stories about that as well, brain zaps and stuff.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ALL the mass shooters have been on SSRIs or related antidepressants. Ever wonder how it's odd pills that are supposed to make you happy come with warning that they might make you kill yourself or have violent thoughts? It's because they alter behavior and lower inhibitions, so someone on them could do something they never would have otherwise. And this issue will never be addressed because the pharma industry is huge and lucrative.
if you are happy and you know it shake your meds.... the new chemical normal. govt likes us all on them. gives them cause to push the mental health issues crap for disarming, silencing and doing away with .

OP
OP
Metal Geezer

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So…….