First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
I THINK that is a Marmon Herrington conversion on both and LAWD those things make those trucks look sexy.

Didn't watch the video but that 1966 I think with that color makes it likely a forestry truck and even more awesome.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I see a lot of old Rangers on the road and many are "working" trucks - loaded, hauling, trailering
There's a lot of them here too and most are in great shape. One huge bonus here in the valley is our weather is perfect for keeping older vehicles (little to no humidity and no snow) in good condition as long as the owner takes care of them. I see a lot of older Rangers on the job sites and while some are beat up they're still working hard every day.

There's so many local car shows here and some really nice classic cars & trucks there. Especially in the winter when the snowbirds come back as most leave them here and love to show them off. Most times these are more fun to go to than the big ones like Mecum or Barrett Jackson.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
I bet that 66 f250 rides real smooth with those straight axles and seriously large leafs.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
My buddy has an 1974 F-250 4x4 4 speed manual, he bought it new and has had it since, it just sits in his garage, he won't sell it to me. Its a sweet looking ride 2-tone blue/white would love to get my hands on that thing.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great blast from the past... Looks like the old Y block motor...boat anchor it was... Full float Rear axle.. robust hub locks on the front....Wow!!! Stock ride height was still up there like this 66 in 1973.

Bit of a back story. I was on the training program in 1973 and was assigned to follow a F250 crew cab 4x4 build in the X Garage. Leader of the build activity was Bob Hoover..Gruff but...a really nice guy that knew his stuff and did not take crap from anyone... He and the mechanics got the job done no matter what..

So the F250 was parked in a back lot of the Engineering Research Center across the street and Bob asked me to drive it back over to the build area. Bob drove me over to this truck and I had never seen anything like it before as it was base model...not one option. Way up in the air, non power assist brakes, manual steering. It was all I could muster to back the thing out of its parking space I could barely turn the steering wheel being weenie armed. Bob was just smiling watching me as he knew this was one difficult beast to drive...not going very fast I stood on the brakes at stoplight on Oakwood Blvd....I had both feet on the brake pedal and it was not stopping...I really strained the steering wheel and got the damn thing stopped.. I kept thinking....and we sell these things like this for the street????? OMG! The vehicle was ordered this way as most of the vehicle systems would be upgraded to 1975 level and why throw away option equipment like power brakes.. The build was slowed by lack of parts and I rotated to another assignment before it was completed so never got to comparison drive the updated vehicle... What a beast....

best,
Phil