Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Hi all,
I wanted to let everyone know about my experience with the Gator tonneau cover company. Two months ago I bought the SFX Tri-Fold soft tonneau cover, sadly a tear at the seam started to show. I contacted Gator and after a few questions and a couple of pictures, they are going to send out a replacement tonneau cover. I thought that I was going to get some push back but it never happen, they were professional and quick at resolving my concern. I’m thinking about upgrading to the FX3, if they are willing to haggle about the price. Honestly I think the AZ sun just beats the ? out of things.
20611449-8BE1-4CB3-886C-658293E6404D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Goes to show that there are still some companies that will stand behind their products and believe in good customer service.
You may pay a bit more at the outset, but it comes back to you in a good product and a company that cares about their customer base. :like:

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I am also thinking of the fx3. it sounds like its going to hold up better.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Wow was that tear from the Gator's teeth, I wonder if they would make Crocodile covers for us Australians!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
My last three trucks had Extang roll up tonneau covers. They held up well and the only issue I had with them was snapping/hooking them down after rolling them up in cold weather. For the Ranger I decided to go with a soft folding one.

After reading the reviews on tonneaucoversworld.com I went with the Gator SFX. I had never heard of them and I am glad to hear they are a solid out fit.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the Gator SFX soft trifold for over a year now and have been very pleased with it. At the time it was the cheapest one I could find and really the only complaint I have about it is that it came with a stain about 1"x1" in the middle of it that has not gone away. It has proven to be as water tight as I could ever hope. Even driving through torrential rain the bed has remained dry save for the back corners of the bed where the rounded corners on the tailgate leave an opening. Even with the small amout of water that gets in I feel more than comfortable putting luggage or other things that need to stay dry back there.

It's good to know that they will stand behind their product should any problems arise.

OP
OP
Ranger X3

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Hi all, just wanted to give an update on the Gator soft tri-fold. Extant is sending out a new tonneau cover for me under warranty, they are replacing the one they sent me last year. The current unit has some loose beads in the cross rail and it rattles while going down the road. Hats off to them again for taking care of it?.
Sponsored

Last edited: