Front License Plate loose bolts

Alex6511

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 301A, Tech, Spot, Bed Utility and Trailer tow packages.
Occupation
Software Engineer
Check the bolt tightness on your front license plate (if you're in a state that requires them). Mine were very loose, to the point where one actually fell out! It was caught by the adaptive cruise control sensor, otherwise, it would have just fallen out onto the road. I checked the other bolt and sure enough, it was loose as hell. All I can guess is that at the dealership they only hand tightened them. I only have about 2,000 miles.

Going to be checking the tightness after a 10/100/1000 miles now to make sure they're not working their way out on their own, but I feel like that would be highly unlikely.
Sponsored

prenetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4x4
Funny, I picked up my plates today and noticed the same thing with my front bracket. Loose bolts, one missing, 700 miles on the vehicle.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Check the bolt tightness on your front license plate (if you're in a state that requires them). Mine were very loose, to the point where one actually fell out! It was caught by the adaptive cruise control sensor, otherwise, it would have just fallen out onto the road. I checked the other bolt and sure enough, it was loose as hell. All I can guess is that at the dealership they only hand tightened them. I only have about 2,000 miles.

Going to be checking the tightness after a 10/100/1000 miles now to make sure they're not working their way out on their own, but I feel like that would be highly unlikely.
Front plate holder is put on by the DEALER!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Funny, I picked up my plates today and noticed the same thing with my front bracket. Loose bolts, one missing, 700 miles on the vehicle.
I had the same issue. One bolt missing, the other about to fall out. Truck had 240 miles on the clock when I went to install the lower grill plate and discovered this. I tried getting a finding a matching bolt for the license plate bracket but of course it seems to only be available in the kit.

prenetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4x4
I had the same issue. One bolt missing, the other about to fall out. Truck had 240 miles on the clock when I went to install the lower grill plate and discovered this. I tried getting a finding a matching bolt for the license plate bracket but of course it seems to only be available in the kit.
Thankfully the dealership had a cup full of miscellaneous license plate hardware. I was able to find a nearly-matching bolt (though no washer, no bead of green Loctite, and silver instead of black). Now the front bracket is nice and secure.
Sponsored