First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Since I do a lot of solo runs, I'm thinking of installing a front camera in the grill to use as a "spotting cam." I don't know if, or how, I could tap into to the "system" and put it on the touch screen? Probably gonna have to have a seperate small screen. Maybe tuck it far up against the windshield so I don't have to remove it everytime.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I've want one also, they make a F150 Raptor camera, it would be nice to have it on the radio screen, they have Bluetooth cameras, I had one on my Durango at the Sheriff's office, it was paired with my Garmin Nuvi and only came on when the reverse lights powered on. That was before Dodge had them as standard equipment.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I've want one also, they make a F150 Raptor camera, it would be nice to have it on the radio screen, they have Bluetooth cameras, I had one on my Durango at the Sheriff's office, it was paired with my Garmin Nuvi and only came on when the reverse lights powered on. That was before Dodge had them as standard equipment.
That's the only thing I was thinking about. The rear camera works when it's in reverse. Obviously we wouldn't want a front camera coming on everytime in D or S.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Screenshot_20210315-131340.png

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Looking at going this way. Jeeps have all kinds of camera set ups available to them. They didn't respond to my questions, cuz ya know, I don't have a jeep.?

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Can you.please post a link to that camera?
Idk how to do get you exactly to the bullet camera. But just go to Tadibrothers.com and search "bullet camera", then scroll down. It also gives options, like adding a monitor.

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Ive seen a multi camera add-on system that works with the Sync screen around here somewhere. I dont remember what its called though.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I contacted these folks. Said it was $700~800 for installation of a front camera and module to integrate with Sync3. Another $400 for adding blindspot cameras. But they did mention installation was done in the field and they'd install it while I was at work.

I may do it but I'll need to wait a few more paychecks.
Wow! That's a little pricey.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Yeah I wasn't thrilled, but I do like the integration part. I don't know how to feel about the whole affair.
If we could go with the bullet cameras but be able to hook them into the Sync on our display that would be the best and cheapest option. Wish I was more technically inclined. I'm mechanically inclined, but that doesn't have a lot of use in today's vehicles.

Ranger Tremor

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
I contacted these folks. Said it was $700~800 for installation of a front camera and module to integrate with Sync3. Another $400 for adding blindspot cameras. But they did mention installation was done in the field and they'd install it while I was at work.

I may do it but I'll need to wait a few more paychecks.
Do they have a website? Or does anyone else know of a company that would also do this? Kinda sucks the TRD pro has the front came but ranger doesn't.
Sponsored