John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Ford would sell a lot more if we had some of these models/ packages here. Looks like the ROTW Rangers get more detailed items where we just get generic stuff and then have to find and pay for aftermarket ones.
The only thing these trims have that I would want and aren't available in the US is the diesel. Outside of the power rolling tonneau and the sports bar, the rest of it are things we have on our trucks - like the exclusive to Stormtrack Rapid Red paint or the exclusive to Wildtrack/Stormtrack red grill nostrils, or the 18 inch wheels that can be found a few of our packages. But that diesel...I'm a bit jealous.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The only thing these trims have that I would want and aren't available in the US is the diesel. Outside of the power rolling tonneau and the sports bar, the rest of it are things we have on our trucks - like the exclusive to Stormtrack Rapid Red paint or the exclusive to Wildtrack/Stormtrack red grill nostrils, or the 18 inch wheels that can be found a few of our packages. But that diesel...I'm a bit jealous.
The manual trans option would also be nice, though I'm sure the take rate would be extremely low.

Big city traffic snarls are the death knell for manual transmissions.

Shoot, when I moved to where I live now, traffic was 2 cars in front of you at the stop sign.

30 years later this place is getting too crowded and I'm thinking about moving farther out.

Funny thing is, when I am stuck in traffic here, none of the vehicles in the crowd are local ?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
The manual trans option would also be nice, though I'm sure the take rate would be extremely low.

Big city traffic snarls are the death knell for manual transmissions.

Shoot, when I moved to where I live now, traffic was 2 cars in front of you at the stop sign.

30 years later this place is getting too crowded and I'm thinking about moving farther out.

Funny thing is, when I am stuck in traffic here, none of the vehicles in the crowd are local ?
Yeah I love a manual and bought a POS Sentra just to teach my 15 year old how to drive one even though he'll probably never own a vehicle with a manual (and probably he'll only own 1-2 drivers with an ICE). But you're 100% right - modern US cities are poorly engineered in regards to traffic control and flow and a manual in my area would be terrible in a daily driver.

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Good question so I just looked it up and found this. Short answer is yes but they don't sell as well because they're to big.

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-Ford-F-150-sell-just-as-well-outside-the-US
Ford doesn't need to sell the F150 anywhere else. They sell over 700k of them just in USA every year. With that kind of volume, why bother? It boggles my mind how Ford is able to churn out that many F150's every year, year after year. The size of their factory, and the supply chain behind it.

The worldwide sales of Rangers are....maybe 200k units/year since 2019? Because N.A. entered into the mix. If that's close to being right, F150 sales is over 3x that in the US alone.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Why?

195 horsepower
360 Ft/lbs

Max tow 7716 pounds

There are nothing in these specs that should make anybody drool over the 3.2 diesel in comparison to their 2.3 EB. Let alone deal with DEF, and all the EPA nannies that constantly fail.

Diesel is dead in the US. Coal rollers and the EPA killed it. They almost killed engine tuning for everybody in the process.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Ford would sell a lot more if we had some of these models/ packages here. Looks like the ROTW Rangers get more detailed items where we just get generic stuff and then have to find and pay for aftermarket ones.
What about these mate?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...nnounced-snow-forest-and-sand-editions.17678/

I’d have a snow over any of our Aussie limited editions, (bar Raptor) in an instant!

And apparently we’re getting the Tremor and Wolftrak in Aus soon, Ford Aus has registered the names. This will be to help run out the current models to make way for the 6G.
Sponsored