First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
OK, Zach, try this one on and see if it's possible...lol....Work out a discount for Ford Ranger accessories for owners who purchase an Extended Warranty. It would be a win-win situation....Hey, NOTHING beats a try...but a failure! lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@granger

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
OK, Zach, try this one on and see if it's possible...lol....Work out a discount for Ford Ranger accessories for owners who purchase an Extended Warranty. It would be a win-win situation....Hey, NOTHING beats a try...but a failure! lol
Good idea, The accessories really don't have a great margin to begin with and I'm sure any savings would be eaten up with how expensive shipping is these days!

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Good idea, The accessories really don't have a great margin to begin with and I'm sure any savings would be eaten up with how expensive shipping is these days!
Ok, Zach, I will start off....lol...SOME of us are interested in having hood struts/dampers on our 21 and 22 FR's....There are no aftermarket ones available, although someone on the forum is looking into this aspect. Depending on when the 22's were made (like late 21) the hardware is on the vehicle for a quick install. Mine was made in Feb. of 22, and I would need the upper and lower brackets, along with the struts. Again, nothing beats 2 tries...but 2 failures....Another lol

Do you agree, or if you know, or can find out, that the hood struts are the same for 2019+?

OP
OP
Zach@granger

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Ok, Zach, I will start off....lol...SOME of us are interested in having hood struts/dampers on our 21 and 22 FR's....There are no aftermarket ones available, although someone on the forum is looking into this aspect. Depending on when the 22's were made (like late 21) the hardware is on the vehicle for a quick install. Mine was made in Feb. of 22, and I would need the upper and lower brackets, along with the struts. Again, nothing beats 2 tries...but 2 failures....Another lol

Do you agree, or if you know, or can find out, that the hood struts are the same for 2019+?
That would be out of my wheelhouse to hunt down the right part numbers. Sorry! I used to work in parts, but they don't allow me in there anymore. :)

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
That would be out of my wheelhouse to hunt down the right part numbers. Sorry! I used to work in parts, but they don't allow me in there anymore. :)
No worries...Just got a set and installed it in less than 5 minutes....PERFECT bolt-on fit....But thanks....I will check back when something else is needed and see if it's in your "wheelhouse!" lol

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I sprung for the 8 year, 48,000 mile, zero deductible PremiumCare plan back in April. Full bumper to bumper coverage until 5/27. Just turned 12k miles this past saturday. Trouble free to date other than replace the mediocre factory shocks out of pocket earlier this year.

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Yes, we sure are.
Hello Zach

i purchased the ESP from Granger on 20 June. When I go into service history in the Ford Pass app, it shows on 21 June and entry for $3220 of heating/air conditioning work performed by Granger Ford. Obviously, not the case since I’m in WA state. I emailed Brooke about this last week with no response to date.

why is there this entry in my service history for work never performed on my truck by Granger Ford

Cheers

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hello Zach

i purchased the ESP from Granger on 20 June. When I go into service history in the Ford Pass app, it shows on 21 June and entry for $3220 of heating/air conditioning work performed by Granger Ford. Obviously, not the case since I’m in WA state. I emailed Brooke about this last week with no response to date.

why is there this entry in my service history for work never performed on my truck by Granger Ford

Cheers
Same here, just noticed this - thanks. I recall getting a survey from Ford asking me about my satisfaction with service work performed at Granger - I ignored it, thinking it was just a fluke. Some hard questions are begging....

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hello Zach

Cheers
I had the same question and after researching it learned this, hope it helps...

Ford Protect ESP at $50 over Dealer Cost from Granger Ford | Page 6 | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Status of Rewards Points on the purchase of a Ford ESP Extended Warranty plan.

Granger does report the purchase of these plans to the FordPass Rewards Dept. under the category of Air Conditioning & Heating service because there is no specific Warranty Plan title available to report warranty purchases under. The Ford Pass Rewards Dept. (833-385-0516) said that they do receive these reports from them under the Air Conditioning & Heating category but said on their end that Rewards Points are not available for the purchase of warranty plans. My original understanding was that points would be rewarded but following up clarified unfortunately that they are not actually rewarded for these plans...sorry
Thanks for the info.

Make the purchase with your FordPass Visa and you'll get the rewards. Just like the locking cap I recently purchased from Levittown with the same card - those points should appear within 30 days. FordPass points showed up 3 weeks after the warranty purchase.

OP
OP
Zach@granger

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Hello Zach

Cheers
Same here, just noticed this - thanks. I recall getting a survey from Ford asking me about my satisfaction with service work performed at Granger - I ignored it, thinking it was just a fluke. Some hard questions are begging....

Yes, we are having a mapping code issue with our service tickets and the fordpass app. It doesn't reflect on your warranty history, but there is a labor code for a service contract sale on the service drive. That is how we process these transactions in our dealership system because there is no "online sale of a service contract" option. So when we do this, it is miscategorizing it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Zach

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Well, as long as they don't say "You didn't get the ESP, you got AC service. Sorry, no warranty."

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Well, as long as they don't say "You didn't get the ESP, you got AC service. Sorry, no warranty."
FordPass displays mine correctly as the PremiumCare plan and shows the expiration date and mileage limit.
Sponsored