Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of quick questions for you all that have it.

how much was install at the dealership? I had 1 quote 390 1 quote 240 and like 3 flat out say no (apparently they dont install ford parts on fords)

does the tuner have to be left in the truck after the flash? dont want it on the windshield and would prefer not stuffing up into
the dash if i dont have too

really trying to go the dealer route in case of future issues but man they dont make it easy
Sponsored

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
If they "dealer" have the flash machine you give them the tune and they flash takes minutes from my understanding and I would just go the lowest rate. And no you don't need to keep it plugged in.

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
I am taking delivery (Hopefully) of my Tremor next week. :clap::clap:

I had the dealer quote the Ford Performance pack and the Ford exhaust with install.
I don't think the install seems too bad, but they aren't discounting the parts from retail which is kind of a bummer since I have seen them for less.

The Install of the FP only takes probably less than 30 minutes but I get they have to bill something.
Didn't think the exhaust install price was too bad? Beats me having to climb under the truck for a couple hours. (Dont have a lift :frown: )

But from what I understand in order to retain the warranty, they must be dealer installed. so here is the pricing I got.

M-9603-REB is $825 - Plus $225 install
M-5200-RA23SB is $1095 - plus $250 install

For others on here, let me know what you think too please.

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I am taking delivery (Hopefully) of my Tremor next week. :clap::clap:

I had the dealer quote the Ford Performance pack and the Ford exhaust with install.
I don't think the install seems too bad, but they aren't discounting the parts from retail which is kind of a bummer since I have seen them for less.

The Install of the FP only takes probably less than 30 minutes but I get they have to bill something.
Didn't think the exhaust install price was too bad? Beats me having to climb under the truck for a couple hours. (Dont have a lift :frown: )

But from what I understand in order to retain the warranty, they must be dealer installed. so here is the pricing I got.

M-9603-REB is $825 - Plus $225 install
M-5200-RA23SB is $1095 - plus $250 install

For others on here, let me know what you think too please.
Thanks for the info

i got a “vip” discount as part of my deal so its cost +10% on one part so the dealer here quoted 765 for the part which mean levittown ford must be losing at least $65 dollars by selling them at their price of $640 or i guess not all dealerships get the same pricing from ford but it is what it is i guess

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
That seems very reasonable and done by the dealer for warranty.
Yeah they booked it at 1.5 hrs so not unreasonable i guess

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
It does not have to be installed by the dealer to get the warranty. Just needs to be done by an ASE certified tech.

If you don't know anyone I would suggest bringing it to a performance shop. They do this kind of thing all day and typically have much lower rates than a dealer and will charge based on actual time spent. I would think at the discounted rate you can buy the tune and the cost of having it installed at a performance shop the cost will still be less than the MSRP for the tune. It will be on you to send receipts and evidence of certification to FP to register your vin for the tune.

I installed the FP tune on my Mustang myself and had my son print me a receipt from his shops system. I emailed the purchase receipt from Levittown, his receipt and a copy of his ASE certificate to FP. I had confirmation in less than 2 hours that the warranty was registered.

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
I did all the work right up to uploading the tune to the car.

Brought it to my dealers accessory guy, and his tech completed the install. They charged me their 1-hour minimum of like $130.
Sponsored