Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Was thinking about getting a deflector to help prevent stone chips on the hood, but I am also concerned with the hood being damaged by the deflector itself. I was also concerned with the fact that some people have trouble with the hood closing with the deflectors installed. From what I could see I liked the looks of the trailfx deflector the best, but I am open to suggestions. Any help/ thoughts are appreciated.
Sponsored

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I got the aero skin from Ford and am very happy with it ($104 CAD) but if you have those points (which Ford says I don’t qualify for) not a bad choice.

image.jpg

CF9BB93A-A4D5-4F95-892F-4AA6CD5B31E9.jpeg

OP
OP
Clank

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
I got the aero skin from Ford and am very happy with it ($104 CAD) but if you have those points (which Ford says I don’t qualify for) not a bad choice.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love the looks of that! Is that one applied either the 3M?

image.jpg

I love the looks of that one! Is it applied with 3M or fastened under the hood?

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
I love the looks of that one! Is it applied with 3M or fastened under the hood?
It’s two sided tape and something you use to help it adhere, like a bonding enchanter. It’s super easy. Took me 10 minutes. The destructions say not to drive for 24hrs after or wash for 72. But she was stuck after a few hours. I am very happy with it. It seals great. There were two spots on the “bottom” where there isn’t any tape for drainage and the top is 100% sealed. The instructions were easy.

GregP

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Customer Service
+1 for the AVS Aeroskin. Ive got the AVS II (slightly different design, ~$85 amazon) and it works great for stone chips. Applied with 3M tape, 100% sealed againt the hood for a low profile appearance. Zero problems with hood closing because there isnt anything in the gap between grill & hood.

overall a great investment since I hate the look of stone chips on a brand new truck.

E7875944-9328-43F8-8EC1-9F998BDE3D26.jpeg

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
+1 for the AVS Aeroskin. Ive got the AVS II (slightly different design, ~$85 amazon) and it works great for stone chips. Applied with 3M tape, 100% sealed againt the hood for a low profile appearance. Zero problems with hood closing because there isnt anything in the gap between grill & hood.

overall a great investment since I hate the look of stone chips on a brand new truck.

E7875944-9328-43F8-8EC1-9F998BDE3D26.jpeg
Is that the one that has the Ford logo on it? I saw a 2021 that had the rubbery one and it had a Ford logo on the side

GregP

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Customer Service
Is that the one that has the Ford logo on it? I saw a 2021 that had the rubbery one and it had a Ford logo on the side
no, this is made by AVS and has a small white AVS logo printed on it. Im pretty sure they are the same company that make them for Ford as well though.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I've put them on all my trucks for the last 20+ years. Usually I get an AVS Bugflector II. Haven't got one for the Ranger yet but the other ones I've had before attached with screws under the hood plus double sided tape. I get them to protect from stone chips too, I have yet to see a bug deflector that actually deflects bugs.
Sponsored