First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I found that the longer I owned my Lariat, little cosmetic details bugged me, especially on the high-line version of this model.

I got the mirror finish black letters for the tailgate because it seemed like an ignored styling detail. Same for the 'RANGER' logo on the front chrome trim, so I got the TVD Vinyl inserts in body matching color. Then the Putco grill for that gap below the bumper.

All good.

Today, I attempted to put the TVD decals on the dash where it says 'RANGER' - it's a small (I'd say the only) cosmetic detail that I thought needed attention, but after destroying both of the letter 'E's I give up.

?
Sponsored

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I found that the longer I owned my Lariat, little cosmetic details bugged me, especially on the high-line version of this model.

I got the mirror finish black letters for the tailgate because it seemed like an ignored styling detail. Same for the 'RANGER' logo on the front chrome trim, so I got the TVD Vinyl inserts in body matching color. Then the Putco grill for that gap below the bumper.

All good.

Today, I attempted to put the TVD decals on the dash where it says 'RANGER' - it's a small (I'd say the only) cosmetic detail that I thought needed attention, but after destroying both of the letter 'E's I give up.

?
This is the reason I went with the Ford Accessories/Putco Black Stainless Steel letters. Much easier to apply and still adds the look that I wanted. I am sorry that you feel defeated, but TVD stuff is not for everyone (I lose patience quickly and knew not to even attempt).

Legalkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Sport, 1994 XLT, 1979 F-100
I had difficulty lining up some evenly and have small wrinkles. I used plenty on soapy water with a flathead wrapped in paper towel to push around. The front and tailgate letters I got were solid and not vinyl. Think I am glad I did.
IMG_20200510_120628223.jpg

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
I gave up on the soapy water method after about 5 minutes. Slowly with tweezers is how I got mine in. Turned out pretty good I think.
Sponsored