Dean's 3D Printed Ignition Trim Ring Bezel (Build/Buy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk, 1990 F150
Occupation
Police Officer
Thanks for doing that, and making these. I ordered a glow in the dark back in January. Shipped on the 6th, cleared Customs on the 15th and promptly “disappeared” on the 18th... Still hopeful it will magically reappear. Stupid Canpar.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
Thanks for doing that, and making these. I ordered a glow in the dark back in January. Shipped on the 6th, cleared Customs on the 15th and promptly “disappeared” on the 18th... Still hopeful it will magically reappear. Stupid Canpar.
Khakiforever -The delay is probably due to COVID. If we do not see tracking progress in the next few days I will send another.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Khakiforever -The delay is probably due to COVID. If we do not see tracking progress in the next few days I will send another.
And this is why people here like doing business with you. Well done!
I bought mine somewhere else, but based on what I read here I'd definitely recommend folks buy from you.

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Thanks for the offer Dean. Much appreciated. I think it should be on Canpar to find it. I was on the phone for about an hour with customer service (mostly on hold). They are looking into where it could be. Its showing last in Thunder Bay.

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Just wanted to update that canpar has apparently lost the package. I finally got a call from the Thunder Bay office on the 27th. They admitted it showed in Thunder Bay last. I’m to wait to see if they can find it... Jack assess.."..

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Ok my last whine on this topic (not my last whine :cool:). Canpar is saying my best option is to contact eBay and try to have the item replaced. I’m thinking I should make the extra effort to ensure that the Canpar delivery vehicles are being operated in a manner safe and respectful to the motoring public. Then I might find my package “lost” inside one....... just kidding

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
Just send me a message through ebay so I can find your order number and I will send another.

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Just send me a message through ebay so I can find your order number and I will send another.
Dean. I don’t have an eBay account so it won’t let me respond for some reason. Also I am about as tech savvy as Fred Flintstone. But yes, that is my address..
Never mind my rambling. According to my better half she had started me an eBay account..... message sent.

Last edited:

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
is that you oscar?....... sorry, just binged corner gas- the greatest show to ever come out of Canada
It is a classic... I have used “jack ass” in so many ways over the years... My wife says it’s not a “proper use of the words”. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about....

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Just purchased mine today, had kinda forgot about this trim piece missing. Apparently a XLT isn't prestigious enough to Ford to include this 10 cent piece. Just like the engine cover that they only install on the Lariat models. I knew it looked like something was missing on top of the engine and from reading the forum I found I was right.! Purchased one of these a while back and added the silver color to the Ford to spruce it up a bit.
20200712_144611[1].jpg
20200724_165229[1].jpg

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine a while back and finally got around to installing it! Fots like a glove! Opted for the glow in the dark one! Can't wait to see how it looks at night! Thanks @Dean!

Before:
20210316_113948.jpg

After:
20210316_114021.jpg

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
This is great, and I WILL be buying one soon. I hate seeing such obvious cost cutting measures from Ford. Buuuuut, I was just wondering Dean, if it would be possible to make an upgraded one with an integrated LED that would light up (would just need to tap into power somewhere). I'd be willing to pay more for this, and I suspect there would be others interested in an upgraded LED version as well. My '05 Mazda had a little light that illuminated the ignition key. My gf's 2014 Subaru has a light up ignition ring. I'm jealous. :crying:

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Dean. Just wanted to let you know that I received your replacement ring in the mail today. Popped in and looks great. I wanted to thank you for going out of your way to fix something that was caused by an irresponsible delivery company. If I had another ranger I would order another ring ?. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.