First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Just think....all that stainless steel could have been put to better use....like making outdoor BBQ grills...
And, those grills would have looked sooooo much better...
Looks like something a 5 year old would have drawn with crayons...
I think "5 year old" sums up Elon Musk fairly aptly.
Sponsored

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Maverick is a much better value for going in the EV direction. If it was RWD I would have bought one over the ranger.

But this is not for people who care about saving the planet. This is people that want to look like they are saving the planet whilst running over baby turtles. Compensating for tiny brain syndrome.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Just another niche thing for dumb, rich privileged assholes to show off their money.

It's just a status symbol for rich assholes that have weird daddy/mommy issues like majority of tesla car drivers.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
And now there is a recall
Tesla recalls Cybertruck due to accelerator pedal that can stick | CNN Business

"Tesla has been ordered to recall nearly 4,000 of its Cybertrucks due to an accelerator pedal that can stick in place when pressed down.

The cause, according to the regulator: soap.

“An unapproved change introduced lubricant (soap) to aid in the component assembly of the pad onto the accelerator pedal. Residual lubricant reduced the retention of the pad to the pedal,” the NHTSA wrote in the recall document.

Tesla has yet to detail how many of the futuristic looking Cybertrucks it has produced. But it has said that it would be slow ramping up production of the vehicle, which had its first deliveries in late November."

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
And now there is a recall
Tesla recalls Cybertruck due to accelerator pedal that can stick | CNN Business

"Tesla has been ordered to recall nearly 4,000 of its Cybertrucks due to an accelerator pedal that can stick in place when pressed down.

The cause, according to the regulator: soap.

“An unapproved change introduced lubricant (soap) to aid in the component assembly of the pad onto the accelerator pedal. Residual lubricant reduced the retention of the pad to the pedal,” the NHTSA wrote in the recall document.

Tesla has yet to detail how many of the futuristic looking Cybertrucks it has produced. But it has said that it would be slow ramping up production of the vehicle, which had its first deliveries in late November."
The video of it reminds me of the pep boys specials I put on my first car at 16. Got the stainless steel-look pedals that clamp on and the carbon fiberette shift knob for my automatic. :crackup:

Nice to see Elon doing the same thing on his $90k cybertruck.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i saw one yesterday at a stop light and laughed out loud at it. it looked so - home made in some ones barn...