• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: Ohio Custom lowering Leaf Springs For Sale

ohmtbranger

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I’m selling my custom rear leaf spring packs. These were made by Alcan Spring of Grand Junction Colorado, and lowered the back by 2-1/2” (see before and after pictures). They are direct replacements for the stock 2019-2021 Ranger Extended Cab Leaf packs. They will probably fit the extended cab trucks as well as older 5G rangers sold over seas. I cannot guarantee the fit other than the 2019-2021 extended cab. They were built to factory load and towing specifications.

Sale includes Right and Left Springs, Custom U-bolts, nuts and washers. I also have shorter bump stops I will include. You will use several stock parts to complete the installation (Rear Shackles, Front Bushings & Bolts, etc.)

All totaled, I have over $700 invested and will sell for $300 + Shipping (Shipping will be expensive).

I did not like the rougher ride quality for the roads I drive and have decided to go with a 2” front lift.

6B58A478-32EC-435B-9698-5F52ACF12026.jpeg

091B070E-1649-4627-BB87-735572795D8E.jpeg

7985312A-E105-4B23-873C-A9DB295F21D3.jpeg

C311DF35-A6E3-4549-BC39-41EE2F67CFB4.jpeg

BEA727F4-77C7-4F89-B88D-EC29CAA1DD45.jpeg

85573CF0-BC53-485D-8392-C62B978D4898.jpeg

4592A038-78B1-47E3-8626-F127CA73F28B.jpeg

2211B3D6-40BA-4BDE-B4C2-602A9F1E2EAD.jpeg

A318BE0E-32B1-492A-987C-155B506BABD9.jpeg

FFC2531C-115E-4542-8CE2-72EBA45BC71E.jpeg

822A414C-C27D-4652-81C5-372C10687DA6.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

cactuss4

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
"rougher ride quality" Are they higher rate springs or just run out of travel?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Run out of travel with bump stops.
No wonder your on the bump stops. Those aren't springs their a tie bar to mount the axle. Where is the arch? The guys who desigmed them should have his man card revoked.

OP
OP

ohmtbranger

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
No wonder your on the bump stops. Those aren't springs their a tie bar to mount the axle. Where is the arch? The guys who desigmed them should have his man card revoked.
He built them per my requested 2-1/2” drop.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
He built them per my requested 2-1/2” drop.
He should have refused when he saw how straight they were going to be. Any flex will reverse bend them. Can't believe the meet factory towing/payload specs.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
He should have refused when he saw how straight they were going to be. Any flex will reverse bend them. Can't believe the meet factory towing/payload specs.
Hi Lee,

I have spent a bit of time under the Ranger trying to see if there is room for looping the string under the axle and the concern remains the travel in jounce with any jounce bumpers. The spring supplier seem to have known this as there were shortened jounce bumpers provided...no idea if these bumper will do much.... In the end...folks like Doc changed the rear suspension completely, which seems to be the way to lower the ass end and still have a suspension instead of a go kart at the rear. The frame kick up in the rear seems to be to shallow...but how much more it could go remains beyond my underside inspection. When we built the SCCA racetrucks at Livernoise, we spent quite a bit of time developing an axle flip setup... It was unique to 4 Ranger trucks that we built...but I caught an aftermarket vendor photographing the setup and then reverse engineering from photographs to offer a flip kit...However they failed to get it right...close, yeah... but close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Gernades, and Nuclear weapons...

In my old age...getting up into the pickup box on my Ranger is becoming a challenge....Tomorrow will be one of these challenges as my neighbor has asked me to Demo a bathroom in a 4th slumlord condo he bought. Happy to help but getting the demo debris into the box...we will see!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Lee,

I have spent a bit of time under the Ranger trying to see if there is room for looping the string under the axle and the concern remains the travel in jounce with any jounce bumpers. The spring supplier seem to have known this as there were shortened jounce bumpers provided...no idea if these bumper will do much.... In the end...folks like Doc changed the rear suspension completely, which seems to be the way to lower the ass end and still have a suspension instead of a go kart at the rear. The frame kick up in the rear seems to be to shallow...but how much more it could go remains beyond my underside inspection. When we built the SCCA racetrucks at Livernoise, we spent quite a bit of time developing an axle flip setup... It was unique to 4 Ranger trucks that we built...but I caught an aftermarket vendor photographing the setup and then reverse engineering from photographs to offer a flip kit...However they failed to get it right...close, yeah... but close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Gernades, and Nuclear weapons...

In my old age...getting up into the pickup box on my Ranger is becoming a challenge....Tomorrow will be one of these challenges as my neighbor has asked me to Demo a bathroom in a 4th slumlord condo he bought. Happy to help but getting the demo debris into the box...we will see!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
From the looks of these springs the were made to do the lowering by dearching the springs and not fliping the axle. All that does is reduce rear end travel. You will be bottoming out on the bump stops all the time. You need to do a flip to keep the travel and either use higher arch springs or a longer shackle. I personally have issues with going with longer shackles, as is done with the currently available lowering kit. I feel it may lead tp excess side movement at the back of the spring. Yes it saves the cost of a spring. But I question how it will handle. You, I'm sure have more experience than me with this.

Pay the cost and do it right. Give me new springs that will lower the back 2-1/2" with a flip. I like the front where it is now. If i want to go lower I'll put in a block. If i was to go higher I can put some reasonable length shackles.

cactuss4

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
From the looks of these springs the were made to do the lowering by dearching the springs and not fliping the axle. All that does is reduce rear end travel. You will be bottoming out on the bump stops all the time. You need to do a flip to keep the travel and either use higher arch springs or a longer shackle. I personally have issues with going with longer shackles, as is done with the currently available lowering kit. I feel it may lead tp excess side movement at the back of the spring. Yes it saves the cost of a spring. But I question how it will handle. You, I'm sure have more experience than me with this.

Pay the cost and do it right. Give me new springs that will lower the back 2-1/2" with a flip. I like the front where it is now. If i want to go lower I'll put in a block. If i was to go higher I can put some reasonable length shackles.
Even a flip is going to run out of travel. You'll save the stack height of the spring (which in this case looks like maybe a couple inches), but the Belltech flip kit is min 4in drop so the two solutions net about the same. The frame needs to be notched to get the rear lower without losing bump/up travel/jounce. Thanks ohmtbranger for being the guinea pig.

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
Based on the pics & comments-

Do you think a 1-1/2 inch drop leafspring would be more "do-able"?
Sponsored