Current Temperature

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning all,
Currently it's -28 c -36 with the wind factor here in Dundurn Saskatchewan. Thank you Ford for the remote start.
"Wind chill" doesn't affect an inert object at ambient Temerature. It would speed the cooling off of a warmed object, but once down to -28 it's not going to get any "Colder".
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
29, perfect ski weather with 4" new snow

brundage 1219.jpg

Deleted member 1634

Just reading this sends a cold chill up my spine. It is very rainy, gray and "cold" here (upper 30's). I guess cold is a very subjective thing.... Upper 30's would be balmy when you are dealing with below zero temps.
Upper 30s usually means breaking out the lighter jacket and leaving the gloves at home. Problem is once it gets warmer, the clouds start to come back which makes everything look dull and sad. When it's super cold, there are no clouds because there's just not enough moisture in the air to create them. So one of the nice things about it being cold all the time, is that at least it's sunny too.

Deleted member 1634

Wow!
I've never been exposed to any temp even close to -44.. Must be exhilarating or just too friggen too cold.:)
Once you get below -20F it all starts to feel the same. It is quite the rush to step out into it, until you start not feeling anything anymore and your eyelids freeze shut, then you've got a problem.

Deleted member 1634

"Wind chill" doesn't affect an inert object at ambient Temerature. It would speed the cooling off of a warmed object, but once down to -28 it's not going to get any "Colder".
It doesn't affect the truck, no. But as a non-inert object myself, it definitely has an affect on me. haha

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
It doesn't affect the truck, no. But as a non-inert object myself, it definitely has an affect on me. haha
I'll counter that argument. It doesn't affect most of the truck. That chemical reaction going on in your battery that's generating voltage also creates a small amount of heat (really small, but it's there). That would certainly be affected by windchill. Most likely, the difference is negligible That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll counter that argument. It doesn't affect most of the truck. That chemical reaction going on in your battery that's generating voltage also creates a small amount of heat (really small, but it's there). That would certainly be affected by windchill. Most likely, the difference is negligible That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!
Hi Derek,

Yep....like picking fly shit out of the pepper wrt.heat generation...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
:turkey:
Sponsored