Cupholder Hero issues

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
The center console insert was oily and warped as well and it was laying over the OEM insert. so i am thinking the cuphero inserts are reacting with the oem inserts in some way or form. i cleaned the oem inserts with some dish soap to get the oils off and pulled out the cuphero inserts
Sponsored

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I checked mine today and the cup holders where I had the original problem were fine. This time the console insert where the USB ports are was oily. I just threw it on the workbench and cleaned the console. Haven’t tried the 92% yet but getting very discouraged.

OP
OP
Ranger8729

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
I still have not heard back from customer service. i've been travelling now that things are opening back up (medical field) so my truck has been parked mostly. I cleaned off the pads with Dawn very well and placed them back in. The pad by the USB ports had the oils again on it. It did come off the plastic with some APC I had mixed up. I really like the pads, but not all twisted and greasy.

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
No problems with them after three weeks of 85-90 degree days.

before installing cuphero inserts I wiped them with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol. Then let them sit in the sun on a piece of cardboard for a few hours on top of trucks tonneau cover. flipped them so both sides got direct sunlight. DAMN they were hot to the touch, moved them to shaded area to cool down before installing. Biggest difference was the shiny side was no longer sticky. Hoping the sun (UV and heat) got them to off gas while outside the truck.
Sponsored